ISO6400
DSC_7714.jpg

ISO6400
DSC_7778.jpg

Found a couple at ISO6400

ISO6400
DSC_7714.jpg

Nice fish shot!

And to the OP--yes! Nikon or Canon! [Or Pentax. Or Sony].

How is the Sony A850, full-frame looking? Full-frame gives very high performance, even if the lens is "modest" in capabilities. Sony's now selling a full-frame and robust build quality body for below $2,000 now, and the Sony you currently have is, shall we say, a bit dated now. With a full-frame camera, you should be able to under-expose ISO 800 is RAW mode by 1 to 1.5 stops and recover later in post processing, thereby getting higher effective ISO settings AND the added benefit of higher shutter speeds or smaller apertures. This method of under-exposing in-camera at your camera's best High-ISO setting,and then making up the difference in post-processing usually yields better end results than shooting at uber-high ISO settings, where the in-camera noise from the signal gain at max ISO ruins the capture from the get-go.

Last edited:
To those who posted the high ISO shots, how much post was done to them? I've been utterly disappointed with almost all of my high ISO shots with my D300.

They all appear to have been shot with the D90, thats probably why they look so good ;)

To those who posted the high ISO shots, how much post was done to them? I've been utterly disappointed with almost all of my high ISO shots with my D300.

Mine were all taken from one of my trips to the Cleveland Zoo. They are all jpgs straight from camera with a touch of contrast boost in PS. That's all.

My D300s blows away my D90.

You can see in the shot of the seahorse that is the absolute limit of that camera. Hot pixels starting to peep through in that light at ISO6400

No post processing was done to my photos (unless you include cropping).

Could they look better? Absolutely! But I wanted to show what they looked like straight from the camera (RAW). They are almost 'worst case scenario' so to speak...

1. Poor lighting.
2. Indoors. (The Dome)
3. Sports. (Pro baseball)
4. Slow lens. (Sigma 18-250)

With fast glass, some post processing and more skill... who knows! :lol:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back