Nikon or Canon?

Nikon or Canon, well thats a tough thing to advise on. I think the best tip is always : get in the shop and try out which you like better. For example with Nikon you have to put on lenses the wrong way. And I'm happy to announce that after years doing that you actually get totally used to it.

I can buy a new Canon T5 for under $60 on amazon which is why Im considering adding a lens because the Nikon D3300 is much better than the t5 by itself
I strongly agree with the "you need a pricing b.s. detector, STAT" comment.

If you know a T5 on Amazon for 60$ please send me the link, I will buy 10 and make a "SLO" money
I went through Amazon.com and didn't see any T5 even close to this amount.

D3300 is far better and should be very close in price to the T5 and I would recommend the D3300

Here's your link: Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Canon EOS Rebel T5 Digital SLR Camera Kit with EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens

Available from three sellers that "Just Launched" and have zero ratings.

I put one in my shopping cart just to test the price, but there is no way I'm placing the order. It has to be a scam.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Agreed- these $60 and under prices are from BRAND-NEW sellers with no feedback...USED prices from real vendors start around $200, and go upwardly from there. Indeed...a "NEW" Canon d-slr that wholesales for probably north of $300 to legitimate, authorized Canon dealers...simply CAN NOT BE SOLD for $60. Just. Can.Not.Be.. Even on April Fool's Day.

Remember, "Everything you read on the interent is true!"
President Abraham Lincoln, April, 1864, in an interview
with Solider of Fortune magazine.

Check your local Wally world. Mine has the D3300 kit with 18-55 and 55-200 VR lenses for 299 on clearance...

If you know a T5 on Amazon for 60$ please send me the link, I will buy 10 and make a "SLO" money

D3300 is far better and should be very close in price to the T5 and I would recommend the D3300

Here's your link: Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Canon EOS Rebel T5 Digital SLR Camera Kit with EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens

I put one in my shopping cart just to test the price, but there is no way I'm placing the order. It has to be a scam.
Just checked your link and prices on it starts at 505$

Remember the saying, if its too good to be true it probably is.
As Derrel said no one will ever sell you a T5 for 60% used or new, this screams SCAM to me, my advice stay away from deals that are too sweet.
No one is stupid enough to sell a T5 for 60$ unless something is wrong here.

Bottom line get a D3300!!!

Just checked your link and prices on it starts at 505$

Remember the saying, if its too good to be true it probably is.
As Derrel said no one will ever sell you a T5 for 60% used or new, this screams SCAM to me, my advice stay away from deals that are too sweet.
No one is stupid enough to sell a T5 for 60$ unless something is wrong here.

Bottom line get a D3300!!!

I just checked the link again and Amazon has removed the sub $60 sellers. There is still one offering for $145, but that is a scam too.
Like Goodguy said, stay away from those deals that are too sweet.

That really low price on Amazon may not be through Amazon at all. Do you have to contact the seller before ordering? If so, it is a scam according to Amazon.

When I was looking at buying my first camera I had a set budget. I went to Jessops to see which cameras I could afford. It came down to two Canons and a Nikon. I played around with them and found that Nikon was the most comfortable for me to hold. And that's how I started with the D5100 :)

When I was looking at buying my first camera I had a set budget. I went to Jessops to see which cameras I could afford. It came down to two Canons and a Nikon. I played around with them and found that Nikon was the most comfortable for me to hold. And that's how I started with the D5100 :)
That is how I chose my 1st nikon too. It just felt better, more natural layout, the wheels just felt better on my thumb and forefinger. I've never had a chance to try Pentax or Fuji but, it might feel even better.

ps. I choose my bass guitars the same way

Most reactions

New Topics

Back