Nikon PB-5 Focusing Bellows with PS-5 Slide Copy Attachment

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.foodieforums.com
Near perfect condition. I only found a couple of scratches on one screw head. For film Nikons only. The DSLR's won't mount because of the grip. $119.95. I accept major credit cards or Paypal. Message or call (877) 567-2616.
nikonpb5.jpg

Damn I wish you could mount digital bodies on those, they're such a beautiful mechanism! :(

Damn I wish you could mount digital bodies on those, they're such a beautiful mechanism! :(

Take the grip off, problem solved.

Permanent grip? No problem either. Just use an extension tube.

You're welcome.

I believe it's the "grip" under the shutter release vice the second battery/vertical grip. Yes, an extension tube is an option, but then you're changing the capability of the bellows, 'though I wonder by how much?

I believe it's the "grip" under the shutter release vice the second battery/vertical grip. Yes, an extension tube is an option, but then you're changing the capability of the bellows, 'though I wonder by how much?

You're using a bellows to increase the distance between the lens and body, right? The PB5 racks out to 200mm or thereabouts, IMS. So what's another 12mm or 20mm or 24mm? The only thing it really changes is you'll need to back up the lens toward the body the same distance the extension tube measures if you want to maintain a specific distance between the lens & image plane.

The extension tube would only be a problem if the desired repro ratio causes the bellows to have less extension than the length of the tube. Otherwise it would simply be a matter of shortening the bellows. It would obviate the use of the reproduction scale on the bellows but most of us simply use the viewfinder to get what we want. I see no serious problem.

The extension tube would only be a problem if the desired repro ratio causes the bellows to have less extension than the length of the tube. Otherwise it would simply be a matter of shortening the bellows. It would obviate the use of the reproduction scale on the bellows but most of us simply use the viewfinder to get what we want. I see no serious problem.

If you need 12mm of tube to mount the body, and you need less than 12mm of bellows extension to maintain your reproduction ratio, then the extension tube itself is all you'd really need.

I don't think any of the Nikon PB bellows have reproduction scales on them, as RR is a function of the lens' focal length (as well as whether it's reverse mounted). All they have is the distance scale. Inserting an extension tube merely adds the simple task of using math to account for the extra extension.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back