Nikon PK extension tubes

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I purchased a pair of Nikon PK auto extention tubes for an intro into macro photography. I previously posted that they didn't work with my D70S and either of my AF-S lenses. I spoke with Nikon about this, and I was told by a supervior that the PK auto tubes will not let the camera and lens communicate with each other. You need to use a lens that has a aperture ring. I veried this with the instructions that came with the tubes.

Aren't all the current Nikkor lenses S series lenses? If so, then why would they continue to make tubes that don't work with S series lenses?

After doing a little research on Kenko tubes, they work with all of the Nikon digital cameras and S series lenses. If they can do it, why can't Nikon do it?

I purchased a pair of Nikon PK auto extention tubes for an intro into macro photography. I previously posted that they didn't work with my D70S and either of my AF-S lenses. I spoke with Nikon about this, and I was told by a supervior that the PK auto tubes will not let the camera and lens communicate with each other. You need to use a lens that has a aperture ring. I veried this with the instructions that came with the tubes.

Aren't all the current Nikkor lenses S series lenses? If so, then why would they continue to make tubes that don't work with S series lenses?

After doing a little research on Kenko tubes, they work with all of the Nikon digital cameras and S series lenses. If they can do it, why can't Nikon do it?

The PK series dates back a ways.. back to before the G series lens (no aperture adjustment) came out. I had a PK-13 that I just gave to Megan (MTVision) when she bought my Tokina 100 Macro (it does have an aperture ring). They work great, as long as you manually focus and have an external Aperture ring.

Nikon could do it.. but there may not be enough perceived market to make it worthwhile.

Charlie, I ended up returning the Nikon tubes to Adorama, and picked up a set of Kenko tubes. I made sure that they indeed did work with the S series of lenses at Cameta Camera, and they worked great.

Charlie, I ended up returning the Nikon tubes to Adorama, and picked up a set of Kenko tubes. I made sure that they indeed did work with the S series of lenses at Cameta Camera, and they worked great.

Yep.. if you have "G" lenses.. Kenko's are your best bet! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back