Nikon retail prices

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by jwkwd, Feb 15, 2006.

1. jwkwd

jwkwd TPF Noob!

Hello All, This will sound a bit unusual, so here goes. I have only Nikon camera bodies, some of which are older than a lot of people on this board. I am trying to find out the suggested retail prices for each, at the time they came out. Anyone have any ideas where I can look? I did the google thing without any luck. Also, I am waiting for some responses at Nikonians.org and APUG.org. This is really just for fun, but also to have some reference for future purchaces and replacement cost for insurance. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

If you list them along with their condition (and preferably a picture), I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would be willing to give you a nominal value on them. eBay is a good indicator sometimes, other times it's not.

Rob

3. jwkwd

jwkwd TPF Noob!

Thank you, I am searching for the price that one would have paid new in the particular year that they were made. E.G., Would my 1969 F have a suggested retail of, $327.00, just to throw out an arbitrary number. I have no intention whatsoever of selling any of them. I have been looking for sales flyers, which I can find for a price, I just don't want to spend money on something that seems like it would be available somewhere in cyberspace. Replacement cost is not an issue, that is easy to find based on condition. Thank you Rob, very much for getting back so quickly.

4. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

There are camera valuation books, but the rules have been pretty much thrown out the window with the advent of digital and ebay. Be careful to get assured value on your insurance policy as the "book" value is going to be poopy.

I don't know anyone who still uses a valuation book in the camera trade these days, but there's probably someone else here who does.

Rob