Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikon D7200

2014 speculated for the D7200.

Nikon Rumors: what to expect in the next few months | Nikon Rumors

The D7200 will most likely be the next Nikon DSLR camera announcement, but I do not expect it before the summer (Photokina is in September).

http://nikonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Nikon-D7200-DSLR-camera.jpg

No Nikon D400 for now. The D7200 could also once and for all kill the DX PRO line (D300s) depending on the included specs and features (if we get a big enough buffer and few extra direct manual controls, we can assume that the D400 will never come out).

A total of 3 or 4 new DSLR cameras are rumored to be announced this year. If we count the Df and the D7200, that means at least one more mystery DSLR camera this year.

Read more on NikonRumors.com: Nikon Rumors: what to expect in the next few months | Nikon Rumors

Last edited by a moderator:
One more website mentioning the rumors from yesterday:

Read more:
Nikon D7200 Coming on September 2014 « NEW CAMERA

Nikon D7200 Coming on September 2014
By admin, on January 30th, 2014

http://thenewcamera.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Nikon-D7200-coming.jpg

According to latest rumors Nikon may announce Nikon D7200 with advance core specification in September 2014 / photokina 2014 show, there is also a huge probability that No D400 is coming and Nikon will put everything possible in D7200 to attract its pro APS-C users.

More DSLRs to from Nikon

Nikon D4s final announcement is not done yet but we already have bunch of info and images – See here

Mirrorless

Nikon 1 V2 is ready to be replaced with the new one called V3, the V3 will sure pump the V2 specification to a next level including 4K video recording option,.

Compacts to come

Nikon P600 – Mega Zoom camera from Nikon that may feature 60X optical zoom
To be update compact list – NIKON COOLPIX AW120, P600, P340, S9700, S9600

I think the D7100 is already an outstanding camera but I think for some what they would like is a bigger buffer for sport shooting.

I'm thinking it will be out any day now, I bought a 7100 last week :confused:

What we need is 7D Mk II :3

Both are more than welcomed!!

Canon EOS 7D Mark II in Q2? [CR1] « Canon Rumors

Canon EOS 7D Mark II in Q2? [CR1]JANUARY 31, 2014

http://www.canonrumors.com/wp-conte...9/eos-7d-official-rm-eng.jpeg&a=t&h=200&w=475

More talk that prototype versions of the EOS 7D replacement will be sent to the Olympic games in Sochi this month. For the moment, a lot of the functionality and features are still “up for grabs” on the new model. The current timeline for the camera is an announcement in Q2 of this year with a release in Q3. Perhaps the camera will be tested further in Brazil for the World Cup?

We expect to hear more during the Olympics, though any specs mentioned may still be omitted from the final consumer product.

Source: [NL]

Source and more info:
Canon EOS 7D Mark II in Q2? [CR1] « Canon Rumors

Now DailyCameraNews.com is also publishing something about D7200:

Nikon D7200 To Be Announced on September 2014

Nikon D7200 DSLR camera rumored to be announced in this fall, September 2014. The upcoming DSLR camera expected to deliver a large buffer to process the images captured with newly developed sensor.
Previously when the D7100 has announced, it is not positioned to replace the D300s as Nikon’s flagship DX-format camera. Nikon D400 rumors surfaced time to time but we haven’t seen the D400 or any successor for the D300s DSLR.
According to latest rumors Nikon may announce the D7200 with a better specs list including the large buffer and some direct manual controls. This makes so rumored Nikon D400 may never come out and Nikon will put everything possible in D7200 as a flagship high-end DX-format camera.
Nikon D7200 To Be Announced on September 2014

See what Nikon Rumors write in their post :
The D7200 could also once and for all kill the DX PRO line (D300s) depending on the included specs and features (if we get a big enough buffer and few extra direct manual controls, we can assume that the D400 will never come out).
Nikon D7200 DSLR camera to be announced before September and release date for D7200 probably be around Photokina 2014.

Read more at:
Nikon D7200 To Be Announced on September 2014 | Daily Camera News

Would this be a real video?

Source:
D7200 Nikon - Vide0.in

Nikon D7200

This post is about Nikon d7200 on category video. For more detail about Nikon d7200 that uploaded at Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:11:00 GMT, please check it out and do not forget to share this Nikon d7200 through share button.

I've said this before... but the 'buffer' issue on the D7100 isn't an issue with the buffer. Its an issue with write speeds. All a bigger buffer would do is slow the camera down more when it writes the data to disk (longer write times).

The fix for the D7200 is going to be (needs to be) a UHS-II bus...
SanDisk Announces Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Memory Cards | explora

The higher MP the images... the more data you are moving around.. the more data you move around.. the faster you 'internals' need to be.

I'm thinking it will be out any day now, I bought a 7100 last week :confused:
me too. But that is probably a good thing they could make the 7200 worse or more overpriced. pick your poison. And if it turns out better buy one of them when prices drop in a couple years. For me, the 7100, clearly outdated as it is, is already more than I need im more concerned with lenses I think the camera exceeds my needs.
And realistically, they will always come out with a new camera. No point and worrying about it. Unless you really feel the need to change your camera every year or two, but I thought most of the priority here was in the lenses? Most mounted lenses people probably have don't even equate to getting the most out of the current 24mp sensor. Also, keep in mind, looking at my gear, china, Taiwan..... They make crap cheaper and cheaper I think.

Last edited:
The idea of 4k video is one Nikon executives shot down at interviews give at the CP+ show in February, so the rumors about that seem pretty baseless. Imaging Resource and dPreview were granted exclusive interviews with high-level Nikon executive VP's...as was pointed out 4k video has no real distribution/not enough devices to make it a marketplace "must-have feature" on a Nikon-branded camera. Maybe a few years down the road that will change.

As to the buffer issue with the D7100, check Hogan's review here: Nikon D7100 Review | byThom | Thom Hogan

"Card Speed — Nikon continues to use parts internally in their DSLRs, especially the consumer ones, that max out below what state-of-the-art cards can accomplish. Depending upon the card, I'm measuring 45MB/sec to 60MB/sec from UHS-I cards.
Even 45MB/sec is pretty good. The problem is that the camera is buffer constrained. At my usual settings I'm seeing a 5 or 6 shot buffer (shooting raw). If you think 1.3x crop is the answer, the buffer only goes up to 7 shots with the crop at the same settings. So, you fire a long burst of shots at a high frame rate (the D7100 is capable of 6 fps in DX, 7 in 1.3x crop) and after a second the camera's performance is solely determined by the part speed controlling the write to the card. The card may be capable of faster (I've got 90MB/sec cards, for example, and even faster ones have been announced), but it has no real effect on how quickly you hit the buffer restraint. What the faster card does allow is the buffer to empty somewhat faster. I'm seeing the buffer empty as much as twice as fast on the 90MB/sec cards as some of the 45MB/sec ones, thus I'm getting nearly 2x the fps after the buffer fills from those cards."

Is that camera in the video fitted with a rubber-like "skin", like maybe the Delkin Snug-It?? AT first viewing I thought the camera was a dull, flat-black, like maybe it was a "mule", which is what prototypes in the field are called. But the stills above make it look like it's just a D7000 inside its Snug It protective sheath. Delkin Devices Snug-It Pro Skin Camera Protector DDSPROND7000-B

Most reactions

Back