Nikon Rumors D7200 (30/Jan/2014)

Should I wait for the d7200 for my first camera? Or will the wait be too long? d7100 is more than a year old....

Isnt that the hardest part in today fast moving technology world ?
You buy something new only to find the next new/best thing is right around the corner.
What you need to ask yourself first is how bad you need a new camera, if you have already a good camera then sure why not, you can wait for the D7200 which will come out eventually maybe in 2 months and maybe in 6.
If the D7200 will be simply a small upgrade to the D7100 as the D5300 was to the D5200 then I wouldnt bother to wait for it.
I can tell you owning the D7100 its a very powerful tool for a hobbyist, I doubt very much the next camera will be a "whole new world" in performance.
So the only one that can aswer your question is you because non of us really know what will come out, when or how good it will be.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I just bought the D7100......so the D7200 will be announced by the end of the month.....lol

That's what happened when I bought my d7000 .. the d7100 was released.

I'm going to wait for the D7400 !!

I just stay 5 years behind the curve. It saves me a fortune. As a matter of fact if I'm doing people outdoors my go to is a fujifilm S2 Pro. It just renders people perfect.

profound thinking about stuff

I just stay 5 years behind the curve. It saves me a fortune. As a matter of fact if I'm doing people outdoors my go to is a fujifilm S2 Pro. It just renders people perfect.

profound thinking about stuff

I think you might be 10 years behind the curve with the S2 Pro...it is however, a beautiful color camera...some of my all-time favorite photos were made with the S2 Pro. O was lucky enough to get one when they first came out, and I shot the thing for several years and REALLY loved the color it had! Just a wonderful color palette! WOndering if you might be interested in a brand new in-box S5 Pro bought from the last batch made??? I've kept it new in a box since late 2008...never have fired a shot with it...charged the battery up every few months...

Most reactions

Back