Nikon SB-600 Speedlight....

Ihaveaquestion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Will this also work on the D200?

I want to buy it for my D50. I dont want to have to turn around and buy a new one when I upgrade shortly?

Should I go with the 800?

My advice: go with the 600, the 800 has a guide number of 125 and the 600 has a GN of 98, which in my opinion is good for many shots. Also the 600 is smaller and lighter which is always a perk when it comes to carrying it. I own a 600 for my D70 and it works lovely. Also If you use over 85 mm (Dont quote me on that number)lens, then you cant use the 600, but from 28-85 then your golden. The 800 has a bunch of features added like colored filters and repeating strobe mode which just seem to be useless in my mind. All in all it really depends on your type of photography needs.

Before I got my SB 600, I hated flash and never used it. I got it as a birthday present and I wasn't exactly thrilled that my mom had wasted her money on something I'd never use. Then I put it on my camera. I absolutely love it, and can't do any indoor shooting without it.

From what I've heard, the 600 is a better value than the 800. I sure hope it works on the D200 because I'm about to get one, and I don't want to have to upgrade my flash!

Most reactions

Back