Nikon SB-600

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Guys,

I still can't find a straight answer anywhere on-line. Can I use continuous shooting with SB-600? I found some information about recycling time but I'm not sure if I get it right. What I want is to make continuous shots - for example 4 in a row (withour releasing the shutter button) - will flash fire everytime I take a photo or do I have to wait 2,3 seconds before I can take another shot?

Thanks.
Marek.

Good question?? I have the SB-600 but have not tried that. It is a great speed light if you do not need the extra power and command modes of the SB-800. I think I paid $260 for mine locally.

[SIZE=-1]The minimum rated recycle time for the SB-600 with 2000mAh NiMH batteries is 2.5 seconds for a full power flash.
So that would be no, if your shooting like 4fp/s or something
[/SIZE]

sure you can, I do it all the time on my D70, as long as the strobe is going at about 1/2-1/4 power or less. I have no problems at 3fps, but if you're blazing by at 8 on a D2h, than it would be a little iffy.

The manual lists the recommended maximum number of consecutive flashes at 6 fps. It is 4 for 1/8 power, 8 for 1/16 power etc. As with most photographic flash guns, firing too many consecutive flashes will overheat the circuitry - they aren't designed for that. There are strobes designed for continuous duty of course, and some can be synchronised to a camera.

Best,
Helen

Cool - thanks guys. That's the answer I was looking for.

Most reactions

Back