Nikon SB 700 Problems...

bad contact with a hotshoe trigger ? or its just strobing with nothing connected to it ?

I had it on a D700, and every now and then it would spaz out and start strobing on it's own. And it's a brand new unit. We just bought 4 of them to replace the SB800's we had.

My sb700 only works when it feels like it. Got it like a week or 2 ago an have used it maybe 4 times!

Hope you figure out what's wrong with it!

I've had mine since May and haven't had a problem with it since. I just love it. One thing though........make sure you use good batteries! They are voltage sensitive. I use Eneloop AA's......IMHO THE best batteries money can buy. And they last forever! :)

I've had mine since May and haven't had a problem with it since. I just love it. One thing though........make sure you use good batteries! They are voltage sensitive. I use Eneloop AA's......IMHO THE best batteries money can buy. And they last forever! :)

Second the eneloops.

eek.gif

My 600's on pocketwizards have worked flawlessly on store-brand alkaline and eneloops both

The SB-700 is FX/DX switchable. Is it set to FX for your D700? It may still be set on DX mode. Just something to consider.

Exactly the same except mine is a couple of months older. Lots of shots both on camera and off and never a single glitch.

So did you ever get this problem resolved? I wish people would follow up on resolving their issues. I hate it when I'm left hanging and not knowing how "it" turned out! :)

So did you ever get this problem resolved? I wish people would follow up on resolving their issues. I hate it when I'm left hanging and not knowing how "it" turned out! :)

My guess would be dirty hot-shoe contacts. My SB800 will occasionally do it to me on my D700. I clean the contacts with a t-shirt, and everything is good.

We've determined that its an issue with the D700 and not the flash. It works perfectly when used with my D90.

I have been told by other photographers that it is not uncommon for the D700 to have hot shoe issues, most of the time requiring a complete replacement. As of yet however, we have not sent the D700 in for repair.

Most reactions

Back