Nikon Shipping

dirty1thirdee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am ready to buy a Nikon 10.5 2.8 lens, but B&H is out of stock. I have to buy it though B&H because I have $350 in B&H gift cards. They claim to have no clue when the next shipment will come in, and Nikon claims to have no clue when the next shipment will be shipped. They won't give me an estimate or anything. Does anyone here have any experience with this issue? How long could I expect the lens to take to come in to B&H?

Thanks,

Tucker

i guess you just wait it out. I was going to buy my D70 from B&H, but it didn't becuase the "body only" was out of stock. It took them 3 weeks to get another shipment in.

I'm still waiting to hear from them on the new Nikon 18-200 zoom.......2 months.
Yeah, I'm getting the 24-120 next week instead becuase it covers a 35mm slide and it's in stock.

The guy at B&H told me that they are backed up by 3 months on the 18-200s. Sometimes this makes me want to switch to Canon, they always seem to have everything in stock. But, this isn't enough motivation. I'll stick with Nikon.:banghead:

Patience, Grasshopper. Life is long and "stuff" isn't the most important part of it.

Patience, Grasshopper. Life is long and "stuff" isn't the most important part of it.

I'm trying to be patient, but people keep asking me what I bought with the gift cards they gave me for Christmas. They seem dissapointed when I tell them nothing, what I want is out of stock.

Also, I'm only 16 and haven't learned that life lesson yet.:lol:

I guess there's nothing I can do about the situation, I'll just wait it out.

Not one of Nikon's great lenses but "in stock" appears to be the key issue here.
I just need a high ratio zoom for when I have to pack light. All my other lenses are too restricting.

You will find this one pretty restricting too. It is very slow at the long end of the zoom.
I'm going to make some phone calls tomorrow and see if any stores have it in and check it out there. If it doesn't fit the bill, than I don't have to buy it, and if I do i can always return it, right?

I have the same problem with Pentax. I'm looking into buying a Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited and noone has the thing! Henry's has had 5 on back-order since the end of November so I added my name to the list and also told another store to phone me if they got any. Patience is a virtue :|

I'm going to make some phone calls tomorrow and see if any stores have it in and check it out there. If it doesn't fit the bill, than I don't have to buy it, and if I do i can always return it, right?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. Please forgive me. I just do what I can to combat the incredible impatience I see around me in this day and age.

I had the 24-120 zoom. It wasn't all that bad for a 5X zoom but, of course, it is a 5X zoom with some of those extreme zoom issues. I found it to be almost useless at the long end of the zoom range, mostly because I used slow film and the lens is pretty slow at that end of the range. I finally relegated the lens for shooting events with flash. In that role it did just fine. I shot many banquets and meetings with it. It seems to me that it won't add anything useful to your existing stable of lenses. But, of course, that's your business and not mine. Good shooting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back