~ Nikon Shoots Canon ~

Rawshooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.. Shot this Civil War era Canon' (oops) "Cannon" last weekend down at Fort Steilacoom*
redface.png
smile.png

PSPRESUSM81481135-PS-PSPBWF-6020PSPNEWSCRV-GIMP-.jpg

---> History of the Fort — Historic Fort Steilacoom

~ Don

Wow, that must have been fun! Oh wait, you mean took a photo :( Well it's ok then :D

Wow, that must have been fun! Oh wait, you mean took a photo :( Well it's ok then :D

I've shot both a cannon and a Canon before, the cannon was more fun. (to be fair, I'd say the same thing about my Nikon)

.. Lol' .. Hey thanks Trev' .. little sister was literally honkin the horn cause we were late as I tried to compose
this Shot*

~ Don

I've shot both a cannon and a Canon before, the cannon was more fun. (to be fair, I'd say the same thing about my Nikon)

.. Hey' Thank's N.S.* .. lol' ... don't get me wrong, I love my AE-1*
Please briefly elaborate on the "Cannon" thoust Fired?

~ Don

Not much to elaborate on. I was part of a 4th of July show. Folks dressed up in colonial garb playing flutes and drums. Since I know my way around firearms they asked if I wanted to be in a musket or cannon firing line. I've fired muskets plenty of times to I opted for the cannon. Six of us lined up and on command we would fire then reload and wait for the next order to fire. It was a lot of fun and I learned how to safely load and fire a cannon so that's always a plus. :D

Not much to elaborate on. I was part of a 4th of July show. Folks dressed up in colonial garb playing flutes and drums. Since I know my way around firearms they asked if I wanted to be in a musket or cannon firing line. I've fired muskets plenty of times to I opted for the cannon. Six of us lined up and on command we would fire then reload and wait for the next order to fire. It was a lot of fun and I learned how to safely load and fire a cannon so that's always a plus. :D

.. Great! .. Thanks for that' N.S.*

~ Don

Do you know if it is a 12 pounder? Nice shot! My dad has a half scale cannon and we shoot it every 4th of July - it's a lot of fun!

Do you know if it is a 12 pounder? Nice shot! My dad has a half scale cannon and we shoot it every 4th of July - it's a lot of fun!

Hey' thanks TCD* .. don't Know about the poundage of the ball, but that sounds about right.
Love the Columbia Gorge region, .. ever been to a concert at George?

~ Don

No, I never have been. Looks like gorgeous country, though. I'm on the Oregon side; have you ever been to the Vista House or McMenamin's Edgefield?

No, I never have been. Looks like gorgeous country, though. I'm on the Oregon side; have you ever been to the Vista House or McMenamin's Edgefield?

.. Hi' TCD,No I never have been but would sure like to, looks like some great
historic photo opp's*

~ Don

Most reactions

Back