Nikon trouble

nate_mcnasty

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
i really really want to get a nikon d80. the only thing is the price. i could get the d80 but i would have to get the tamron 28-80mm lens. sould i get the d80 and wait and buy better lenses latter or buy a d60 with better lenses?

What's your limit? Purpose?

Tell the forum those then help will come.

I'd say save your money and get the D80 (for the AF in the body feature)

If you get a D60, you might as well get a D40 and save some cash, the D60 isn't worth another $150 for worse low-light performance and more megapixels.

Ritz has sales on the D80 alot and might have one next week ;) it would be something along the lines of a D80 and 18-135 for $800.

Not sure if I'm supposed to do this, but I just upgraded and have a D40 kit setup, 18-55mm, etc mint condition... for $400.... This was a fantastic camera for me and loved how simple it was to take decent images...Great starter camera

D80 body + 50mm f/1.8 = $740 at B&H.

Use Pat & Charlie to zoom.

Nothing wrong to look for used either.

I strongly recommend not buying anything less than a D80. If it's a matter of a bit of time to save up, I say save up.

D80 with 18-135 at amazon for $799 delivered. Good basic starter lens until you can afford more.

^^^ I love the 18-135.

As mentioned, D80 + 50mm 1.8 - Nice combo. I use my D80 as a 2nd/backup camera now (occassionally as a primary as it has very little shutter actuations). Coupled with the 50mm 1.8 it's superb just to throw around your shoulder and go street shooting etc with, it's still very light with the grip.. i love it :)

D80 body + 50mm f/1.8 = $740 at B&H.

Use Pat & Charlie to zoom.

Nothing wrong to look for used either.

This is exactly what I did and I had not money for about 3 weeks but its was worth it...100$ you might as well get a better body... if you buy the cheaper ones you are limited to the lenses you can use atleast here you can expand with d80 and then its easier to buy a new body because you will already have the lense

I totally agree, try and get the D80....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back