Nikon video recording question.

bigmags14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have the Nikon D3100. Whenever I try to record a video, even if I have an adequate amount of light or if i am outside, the video looks very "fuzzy" i guess you could say. The quality is just not good. Everything in the video is fuzzy looking. Just not good looking video. I usually just use manual focus or sometimes just normal autofocus for videos ( not continuous auto focus). What am I doing wrong?

Check your ISO as it might be too high. If it's blurry then its probably out of focused, but if your using manual focus I'm sure you can make that call. Do you have a sample clip?

yes here is one i took yesterday in my backyard. I realize it's cloudy out and im a little shaky with the camera, but the quality just isn't good enough. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - I got an error message telling me the video is private.

i guess the video looked sort of "noisy" like if I was using a high iso. I don't remember what iso i used. that is the only thing i can think of that would cause this.

i agree with you, but i dont think that alone would totally affect the quality.

ok, here is another vid indoors. I know its not the best and shaky, but i dont own a tripod. it is still "fuzzy" specifically on the walls.

Last edited by a moderator:
this was made using manual focus, f/3.5 and an iso of 100.

i think i've figured it out... im using a class 4 san disk sdhc 8gb card. It reccomends a class 6-10 card. im gonna pick up a class 10 card and go from there.

I hope you're right. The camera can do better than this.

Shot with the D3100:

[video=vimeo;33531606]http://vimeo.com/33531606[/video]

i think i've figured it out... im using a class 4 san disk sdhc 8gb card. It reccomends a class 6-10 card. im gonna pick up a class 10 card and go from there.

That would do it too if the card can't keep up with the video being dumped in. I have a class 10 64gb Sandisk Extreme, it works well.

well, it wasn't the card i'm still getting the bad quality. i should be getting the quality that was in the video brunerww posted. i'm gonna bring it to a camera shop to have them check it out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back