Nikon vs. Canon

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you think is better for film slrs, Nikon, or Canon? And i mean for auto and manual focus. I've been looking at nikons mostly, and ive liked the fm2n, the f3hp, and the auto-focus (but can go manual i've heard) n75. anything better from canon? that you can get on ebay for less than 300 or so?

You are about to start a war here :p Bad topic. Go to the store and hold equivalent cameras from each brand and see which one feels best. Don't forget Minolta and Pentax, etc.... Film cameras are just light tight boxes with a few knobs on them. Most all modern SLRs have the same features, just layed out differently. Consider the availability of lenses as well. You are buying into a lens system.

I started with a Canon AE-1 and now have a Nikon F5. When I decided to upgrade I looked long and hard at both systems and obviously chose the Nikon.

That being said, basically they are both fine systems. If you already have nikkor lenses you may want to stick with Nikons just for the fact that you won't have to spend as much on new lenses. If that doesn't matter you won't go wrong with either one. I personnally feel the Nikons have slightly better glass but it is a minimal difference at best.

Oh man.... is this a time bomb or what?

Check out both systems.... and decide for yourself. Either system will service you well.

For manual, I still like the ol' Pentax systems. For Autofocus, I'm a Canon fan.

Why not consider Pentax, Minolta, etc...???

I've used both Canon (ancient AE1P, PowerShot G2), and Nikon (N65, N80, D70). There's not much difference either in quality or features. And you'll never get a good answer to an open ended question like that because most people are deeply entrenched in one camp or the other, mainly due to the investment in lenses. There is an equal number of fanatics on both sides.

yeaaaah i guess that is kind of a testy topic. i never really thought about film slrs pretty much all taking the same types of pictures...i've been used to digital stuff, were it matters so greatly. hm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back