Not open for further replies.

hombredelmar

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone!
Nikon vs. Canon.
What do you guys think about Canon system for a wedding photography?
I have heard from those who shoot with Nikon that Canon is not the best choice to shoot weddings with since canons don’t sync with their speed lights as good as Nikon. What do you guys think about that?
I myself a Canon guy and invested lots of money to Canon accessories and lenses.

I think your info is a bit outdated. ;) Canon's latest system is all radio controlled and has the Nikon guys ogling it. If you're already invested in gear I don't see a compelling reason to switch.

This is just going to be the same as Ford vs Chevy. It's a debate that has fans of both when they both have similar models, that do the same thing, most likely equally as well. Everyone has different tastes, some cameras feel better in the hands to some then others. Doesn't mean one is clearly better than the other. If either made a crap product, they wouldn't be around as long as others had.
I like Nikon simply because the first camera I ever had was a Canon, that went back for warranty work 4-5 times. It frustrated me and I decided not to go with Canon anymore. Does it mean everyone will have a terrible issue with them? No. Simply a personal choice. I have the same luck with Apple products, they just seem to literally fall apart it my hands.

147646047.jpg

Are you really worried about what someone else is telling you about your equipment? If it's working for you, I'm not sure I'd lose too much sleep over it.

If all else fails, though, and you need to unload some of that Canon equipment so you can gear up on the Nikon bandwagon, I'd be happy to take some of it off your hands -- at a discount, of course, owing to the fact that it doesn't work so well and all that...

Both Canon and Nikon make full frame cameras that will be very effective in any type of photography.
Each system has its pro's and con's but overall both are very good systems.

Bob Dylan or Neil Young?

I'm surprised this thread isn't locked down yet

Canon or Nikon with pro gear and a photographer who knows what they are doing only have very minor differences between them - and that's only at the technical level. At the artistic/creative level there really isn't anything one can do that the other can't. There are legions of wedding photographers using Canon and legions using Nikon and both groups produce great works.

Generally speaking when you've got pro gear and lower quality results the problem is often the person behind the camera than the camera itself.

It's all about purchase justification. Most people can only afford one camera system at a time so when they do buy one they defend it with all their Internet fury.

I chose my system as it best fit my needs without making too many compromises in one area or another.

I have heard from those who shoot with Nikon that Canon is not the best choice to shoot weddings with since canons don’t sync with their speed lights as good as Nikon.

When you read things like that on the internet, it's important to understand the context, including what actual experience the writer has on the topic. In other words; the writer may have been referencing the Nikon CLS, which Canon doesn't have, or he may have been trying to use a non-matching speedlight on his Canon. Without further inquiry, we cannot know why someone would write something like that.

Probably a more important difference is the color rendition of each manufacturer's lenses, sensors, and firmware. I think that is where you could make some rational comparisons.

This is just going to be the same as Ford vs Chevy. It's a debate that has fans of both when they both have similar models, that do the same thing, most likely equally as well. Everyone has different tastes, some cameras feel better in the hands to some then others. Doesn't mean one is clearly better than the other. If either made a crap product, they wouldn't be around as long as others had.
I like Nikon simply because the first camera I ever had was a Canon, that went back for warranty work 4-5 times. It frustrated me and I decided not to go with Canon anymore. Does it mean everyone will have a terrible issue with them? No. Simply a personal choice. I have the same luck with Apple products, they just seem to literally fall apart it my hands.

Pfffft, neither. Mercedes for life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back