Nikon vs. Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all gon' make me lose my mind up in HERE, up in here
Y'all gon' make me go all out up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me act a FOOL up in HERE, up in here
Y'all gon' make me lose my cool up in here, up in here

No, BMW!

Merc hasn't made a good looking car in 40 years.

What?! You're high, my W124 is a classic. And the first gen CLS is awesome, in looks and build.

*I worked on Benzes professionally for 13 years so I am significantly biased

Oh dear god the 80's Mercs are the worst! With the exception of the cosworth 190, they are totally blah.

I guess you're right about them being a little mundane but the 124 is built like a tank. Mine is a diesel so it'll run forever, is pretty cheap(can do all the work myself), & gets almost 40mpg.

Not hating on BMW's either. My next sports car will be an E46 M3

$bmw.jpg

And just to even it up:
View attachment 72908

By the way, I drive a Range Rover and an Alfa. So feel free to have a go back:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
And just to even it up:
View attachment 72908

By the way, I drive a Range Rover and an Alfa. So feel free to have a go back:lol:

Oh my god. Every British car I've ever worked on has made absolutely no sense to me at all. German car's are over engineered, almost to a fault, but British car's are just mind numbing to work on
Though still build in the UK, the RangeRover is now Indian (Tata motors), having been bought from Ford, who bought from BMW, who bought from (I presume) LandRover.

That said: I'm considering an LR4. Any opinions on reliability of the older ones (say 6 years ago)?

And just to even it up:
View attachment 72908

Oh my god. Every British car I've ever worked on has made absolutely no sense to me at all. German car's are over engineered, almost to a fault, but British car's are just mind numbing to work on
Though still build in the UK, the RangeRover is now Indian (Tata motors), having been bought from Ford, who bought from BMW, who bought from (I presume) LandRover.

That said: I'm considering an LR4. Any opinions on reliability of the older ones (say 6 years ago)?

I worked on German car's my entire career so I didn't pay that much attention to British cars. But from what I've heard it's only blind luck that you get a Land Rover that isn't a pain in the ass when it's new. However, once it's several years old and had some miles put on it it should be OK provided it's had ALL of the maintenance done on time and with quality parts/fluids. Then it's normally about longer life wear items such as suspension bushings, drivetrain components, and external engine components(like a water pump). The best advice I can give is find a Land Rover owners forum and snoop around about the model you want.

If you aren't driving one of these, you aint't drivng $#!%.
2015 Lamborghini Veneno Roadster | car review @ Top Speed
If it isn't Top Gear, I'm not interested in their review :p
Lamborghini wouldn't let the clowns at Top Gear test driver a 4.5 million dollar car. They are only making 9 of them. They don't want one wrecked. Besides if the BBC had to replace a 4.5 million dollar car what would the British watch on the telie after the BBC folded?:lmao:

If you aren't driving one of these, you aint't drivng $#!%.
2015 Lamborghini Veneno Roadster | car review @ Top Speed
Lamborghini wouldn't let the clowns at Top Gear test driver a 4.5 million dollar car. They are only making 9 of them. They don't want one wrecked. Besides if the BBC had to replace a 4.5 million dollar car what would the British watch on the telie after the BBC folded?:lmao:
Dollars to doughnuts Top Gear gets their hands on one and puts smoke everywhere.

They have been given more expensive cars by the same company: Such as the Veyron and Veyron SS. (VW ownes both Bugatti and Lamborghini), and they drove those across the continent and at top speed respectively. The most expensive they've driven was actually an older Ferarri (a collector's item).

It's funny when I see CNN review, without ever touching, a car TG has played with on their track.

Dollars to doughnuts Top Gear gets their hands on one and puts smoke everywhere.

They have been given more expensive cars by the same company: Such as the Veyron and Veyron SS. (VW ownes both Bugatti and Lamborghini), and they drove those across the continent and at top speed respectively. The most expensive they've driven was actually an older Ferarri (a collector's item).

It's funny when I see CNN review, without ever touching, a car TG has played with on their track.

Agreed. It's not like the Top Gear guys can't drive, they have been driving most of the worlds fastest and most expensive exotics ever built and they drive them pretty well.

Agreed. It's not like the Top Gear guys can't drive, they have been driving most of the worlds fastest and most expensive exotics ever built and they drive them pretty well.

And JC was banned once and kicked off the programme for drink driving and was banned from driving

And JC was banned once and kicked off the programme for drink driving and was banned from driving

Good lord, imagine if they could ban for you drunk photoing?! There'd be a sudden drop off around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back