Nikon vs New Sony

Even if you took these dxo marks as gospel the difference is so small you'd likely only see it on a chart

I think we need to look beyond the numbers at the fact that Sony is the only company as of today that makes FF mirrorles cameras and just for that I say Kudos!
The A7 line is still suffering from the theething problems that all mirrorless cameras suffer because its still a technology that needs more R&D but its already a very good platform and if Nikon and Canon will not wake up soon you will find many people who like FF cameras like me will jump ship to Sony.

Unlike Mr Gloat I don't feel threaten by Sony, I admire their innovation and courage and I am following very closely at what they do.
With a little more R&D and few more lenses I will have to ask myself what is Nikon doing and see what I want to own.
Again if Nikon will come out with mirrorless and not get stuck with their DSLR (which for now is still kind of the hill) then of course I will stick with them.

I think we need to look beyond the numbers at the fact that Sony is the only company as of today that makes FF mirrorles cameras and just for that I say Kudos!
The A7 line is still suffering from the theething problems that all mirrorless cameras suffer because its still a technology that needs more R&D but its already a very good platform and if Nikon and Canon will not wake up soon you will find many people who like FF cameras like me will jump ship to Sony.

Unlike Mr Gloat I don't feel threaten by Sony, I admire their innovation and courage and I am following very closely at what they do.
With a little more R&D and few more lenses I will have to ask myself what is Nikon doing and see what I want to own.
Again if Nikon will come out with mirrorless and not get stuck with their DSLR (which for now is still kind of the hill) then of course I will stick with them.
I look for Nikon/Canon to come out with a APS-C Mirror-less in the not too distant future. What is probably holding them up is how to adapt their current lenses to this technology. Sony on the other hand has such a hodgepodge of lens mounts floating around that adding e and fe mount to the mix just isn't that big of a deal. I do think that Sony will eventually settle on mirror-less as their predominant types of technology and abandon their mirror-box type cameras. (sorry A77's)

Its not king at fitting in your pocket and it is not as sexy as the A7 in fact it is ugly

Look up the meaning of the word "fact", and report back.

Unlike Mr Gloat I don't feel threaten by Sony.

Oh come on, I don't care what Sony does and I will never use a mirrorless camera. I posted this as a jab at gary in hopes he would say something inaccurate (see above). Haha.

Oh come on, I don't care what Sony does and I will never use a mirrorless camera. I posted this as a jab at gary in hopes he would say something inaccurate (see above). Haha.
My friend you are not Mr Gloat, "gsgary" is Mr Gloat.
He is so protective over his precious Sony and threaten by Nikon that he does his best to bash Nikon every chance he gets especially the D750.
Me on the other hand is happy every time ANY camera maker makes good product because that means it put Nikon on the spot to improve and if Nikon will not improve and stick to the guns to the end I will be forced to jump ship but I am a feeling I will not need to.
Anyways all I want to say is sorry I didn't mean you at all :) I love the fact Nikon product is king of the hill but Nikon really needs to start looking at mirrorless more serious or else they will not stay king of the hill for long.

To much bickering around here of late.

To much bickering around here of late.
Yes, I am sad to agree, I have a hand in that and should know better.
This forum should be about feel good stuff and learning and not about negativity.

Sorry for adding my little negativity, I will try to focus at the positive things, thank you for this comment :)

Before I bought my d7000 I saw the mirrorless FramePerSecond rates that they had. then after investigating more into it I found it it was all .. hehehehe .. "smoke and mirrors" :) .. it was without focusing between the frames ... then it all went downhill from there. That was a number of years ago now and I hope they've improved it. I still can't wait for a NIkon FF Mirrorless that uses existing NIkon lenses including ones that need an in-body motor.

Before I bought my d7000 I saw the mirrorless FramePerSecond rates that they had. then after investigating more into it I found it it was all .. hehehehe .. "smoke and mirrors" :) .. it was without focusing between the frames ... then it all went downhill from there. That was a number of years ago now and I hope they've improved it. I still can't wait for a NIkon FF Mirrorless that uses existing NIkon lenses including ones that need an in-body motor.
From your mouth to god, Nikon mirrorless camera that takes F mount lenses will be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doubting the relevance of a Nikon f mount mirrorless camera. So you get a smaller body with existing size lenses, you get the benefits of a mirrorless and lose the benefits of dslr which is good and bad, draw for some maybe.

At least with Sony the mount can take a variety of lenses with adapters, Nikon has not a very adaptable mount.

If/when Nikon do aps-c or ff mirrorless it will probably be a different mount to tease more money from those who decide mirrorless is the way to go and Nikon are the company to take them there

Most reactions

Back