Nikon vs New Sony

What's the sense of a small light mirrorless bodies when you add a 3 or 4 pound tele lens or for that matter any F mount lens to them.
Pretty much what I was saying many times.
Mirroless really shine with prime lenses, here you get great little body with tiny lens, if you can work with that then you have a winner but its not a very flexible system.
Take a camera with FF sensor (DSLR or Mirrorless) add to that the classic zoom lenses 24-70mm 2.8 and 70-200mm 2.8 and you have a big heavy system that weight a lot but is super flexible.
No matter how technology will improve you will never get a tiny little system that is also very flexible, there will always be compromises the photographer will have to do.

Best thing is I paid half the price for the Sony [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Best thing is I paid half the price for the Sony [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Why do you hate Nikon so much? From what I can tell they put out good products. I don't get why people get so hung up on "brand" wars like pc vs mac. Some people will like mac, others will like pc, but in the end they are both "good".

Why do you hate Nikon so much? From what I can tell they put out good products. I don't get why people get so hung up on "brand" wars like pc vs mac. Some people will like mac, others will like pc, but in the end they are both "good".
I didn't hate Nikon I hate people who keep claiming they are best, which they are not

I really like both Nikon and Sony for different reasons. I like Nikon's completeness of system and dedication to backwards compatibility. This makes Nikon a very safe investment especially a professional (which I am not). I like Sony for their fearless approach to development. Sooner or later they are going to hit a home run which they may have with with the A7's and A6000, How they follow things up with a supporting system of lenses and accessories will tell the tale.

Last edited:
Does Sony make an equivelant to my Nikon F?
Thats a daft question Sony don't make film cameras
No sh!t Sherlock.

It was an attempt to lighten the mood. obviously unsuccessful in your case. Lighten up Francis.

It's because he hates the nikon brand.

It's the people that are die-hard Nikon fan boys which draw his ire. Blind followers who think that anything that Nikon squeezes out is camera gold.

Fan boys get a bit old to be honest.

Most reactions

Back