Nikons in Space

I love the fact that there is a bunch of Nikon cameras and lenses floating above me everyday!

I love the fact that there is a bunch of Nikon cameras and lenses floating above me everyday!

Just imagine being up there. Open the box, pull the items out and they just float right there in front of you. You can let go of the body. It wont fall. It just stays floating right there.

As you read the manual. Make an adjustment and just let go of the camera. Read the manual a little more. OH, must have pushed a little letting go, starting to float away. You grab it, hold it in front of you, and let go again. It just stays there. You go back to the manual.

Just imagine being up there. Open the box, pull the items out and they just float right there in front of you. You can let go of the body. It wont fall. It just stays floating right there.

As you read the manual. Make an adjustment and just let go of the camera. Read the manual a little more. OH, must have pushed a little letting go, starting to float away. You grab it, hold it in front of you, and let go again. It just stays there. You go back to the manual.

It make it sound so majestic!

If you were giving the opportunity to visit the ISS to take pictures, would you go through the months of intense training to do it?

At my age probably not. Would be very cool though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'd probably do it, but I'd probably fail at the training part! Haha.

It make it sound so majestic!

If you were giving the opportunity to visit the ISS to take pictures, would you go through the months of intense training to do it?
I would have in an instant, before I saw how small and cramped the capsul is to take them up there! :aiwebs_016:

Space shuttle, no problem. :allteeth:

What will they do with them after 12 to 18 months. It would be an interesting anecdote to say I bought this camera second hand from NASA.

What will they do with them after 12 to 18 months. It would be an interesting anecdote to say I bought this camera second hand from NASA.

I think they go to auction and they don't go for cheap haha.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Would they be worth that much? surely there is more of an official site,

Theres one guy selling a lunar module descent engine housing, did the not leave that up there at the time?

Would they be worth that much? surely there is more of an official site,

Theres one guy selling a lunar module descent engine housing, did the not leave that up there at the time?
Well they had spare parts. So, it's not flown and well not worth that much!

Everything flown was left in space / moon. Only thing that came back was capsul and what was inside it! And that's all highly controlled (except what astronauts hid)!

Most reactions

Back