Nine Bird Species, One Old Fence Row

Olcoot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicendeavors.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really wanted to get out and shoot today but the weather was stormy and the wind was gusting 18 to 25 miles per hour on and off all day so I stayed home. About 3:00 pm the rain stopped and though still windy Janice and I grabbed the cameras and went to one of our favorite spots in the back yard along a old badly worn part of the fence between us and the next door neighbor as it always has many different species of birds around it and the thicket at the back of our property. We saw fifteen different species and I was able to get decent shots of nine of them that I have posted here. Not to bad for a day that I didn't think I would even get off a shot! I have only posted one shot of each species even though I got both male and female of most species today.

#1 Male House Sparrow
p58838122-5.jpg

#2 Male Northern Cardinal
p336467642-5.jpg

#3 White-Crowned Sparrow
p140155354-5.jpg

#4 Morning Dove
p353758261-5.jpg

#5 Common Grackel
p304023994-5.jpg

#6 Male Red-Winged Black Bird
p400983912-5.jpg

#7 American Robin
p260833413-5.jpg

#8 Blue Jay
p135467978-5.jpg

#9 Female Downy Woodpecker
p341872543-5.jpg

All very nice indeed, great to see so many different species and all well captured. I am not sure i have a fave, but like them all, it is also nice to see the only species that i see here, the sparrow, so well framed, you made him a star :).

Tim

Thanks You Tim, I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. The English Sparrow or House Sparrow as he is know by both names here is a very common bird and despised by many as they are consider invasive taking prime breeding areas from the native song birds such as the Eastern Blue Bird. But I personally think they are beautiful and once I started photographing I really enjoy seeing them in my yard.

Goodness! Just look at all those different species! And all on the same day in the same place. Lucky you. I'd be thrilled to bits to see so many.

I love the look of the picket fence as the perch that many of them used. My faves are probably 2 (the bright red of the cardinal against the green backdrop is pleasing to my eye) and 5 (because I like the way the grackle is grasping the fenceposts and staring you down). Thanks for sharing these.

Goodness! Just look at all those different species! And all on the same day in the same place. Lucky you. I'd be thrilled to bits to see so many.

I love the look of the picket fence as the perch that many of them used. My faves are probably 2 (the bright red of the cardinal against the green backdrop is pleasing to my eye) and 5 (because I like the way the grackle is grasping the fenceposts and staring you down). Thanks for sharing these.

Thanks Antarctian, I appreciate your comments

Well done on all of them. Your Redwing blackbird looks a little sickly but that is not your fault so lol.

I love the Blue Jay and the Common Robin.

Most reactions

Back