Not open for further replies.

jdsfighter

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jdhpro.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out on a shoot yesterday, and saw a sweet car on my way back home. I had to get a few shots.

I've never photographed a car before, but here's the results

#1 (I don't care for this one as much)
531757_4208150479206_613147999_n.jpg

#2 (Better, but cluttered background)
552756_4208149039170_437035423_n.jpg

Again these arent HDR images. Instead of trying to be different why not just try a simple HDR image? Once you have that down then you can wander off the path to find your own way. Meanwhile, these are just not very good. As for composition, I like the angle you have shot these at. But the background could be better. Trees sticking up, is as bad as having someone having a telephone pole sticking up from top of someones head you are taking a picture of.

Hey, Nice captures. I saw one of these a couple of weeks back and got shots of it too. It's a really cool looking car.

2010 Nissan Skyline GTR | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sometimes you can't control the backgrounds so I don't sweat that as much anymore. It used to upset me but it is what it is. The second one is the best one to me. It seems a little dark and contrasty. I would dial that back a bit.

Danny

They consist of 3 exposures, but I guess I just like massively overcooking things.

They consist of 3 exposures, but I guess I just like massively overcooking things.

Thats ok, as long as you realize that using the 3 images is a waste of time considering where you end up and are not HDR any longer. Im sure you could get the same bad results from using just one image.

Thats ok, as long as you realize that using the 3 images is a waste of time considering where you end up and are not HDR any longer. Im sure you could get the same bad results from using just one image.

Hey Bynx,

Since I block all of your posts, I opted to view this post just to see your response and of course you didn't disappoint (or you did, depending on the reader's POV).

If you were to word it like this:

That's ok, as long as you realize that using the 3 images wasn't very useful since the result was no longer HDR. I'm sure you could have gotten the same undesirable (to me anyway) result from using just one image. It's definitely a starting point but keep at it and you'll get better each time. :)

Isn't that better? You have to agree that's better and not as harsh. In case you're wondering "What was so bad about my response???", the buzz phrases that made you sound like a _____ were "waste of time" and "same bad results". Don't respond. I won't look. I swear, but I just wanted to throw that out there to see if it opens your eyes a bit.

:)

Danny

Hey Bynx,

Since I block all of your posts, I opted to view this post just to see your response and of course you didn't disappoint (or you did, depending on the reader's POV).

If you were to word it like this:

That's ok, as long as you realize that using the 3 images wasn't very useful since the result was no longer HDR. I'm sure you could have gotten the same undesirable (to me anyway) result from using just one image. It's definitely a starting point but keep at it and you'll get better each time. :)

Isn't that better? You have to agree that's better and not as harsh. In case you're wondering "What was so bad about my response???", the buzz phrases that made you sound like a _____ were "waste of time" and "same bad results". Don't respond. I won't look. I swear, but I just wanted to throw that out there to see if it opens your eyes a bit.

:)

Danny

This brightened my day.

harsh criticism aside...
If I ever post an HDR photo, (one day) and Bynx says its good, I will KNOW I did something right.
some people are just passionate about what they love. take their criticism with a grain of salt, and take their suggestions to heart.

Im sorry if I cant put sweet icing sugar on bad images. But these are definately not even HDR so I wont sugar coat my feelings. I might be a little more sympathetic if they were posted in the Altered Images storage bin, and make my comments about them from that point of view, but they are here in the HDR bin. Im willing to give any help I can, but if this is the look the OP wants, Sometimes the truth hurts, but we are all here to learn. I didnt say anything except the absolute truth. If you start off with 2 or more files for HDR to get details in the highlights and shadows, then process the image so you blow out the highlights and fill in the shadows then doing the HDR WAS a waste of time. And the same look could have been done using a single file and really poor Photoshop skills. I like the depth of field used in both images. And the backgrounds could be easily fixed giving better emphasis to the cars, but the processing is bad. And anything I say is my opinion. If Im wrong then jump in here and prove me wrong, dont just say it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Bynx...I'm a traditional type of guy...HDR isn't my thing. To me HDR and traditional images are like steroids baseball players and natural players. They shouldn't be compared. HDR's are fun to look at..and fun to play with...but that's just about it...IMO

However, the first image doesn't do anything for me...too fake..cartoon-style. The second has exposure issues...and I agree with you abot the perspective being pretty good...

anything else?

I got no HDR skills...I just take regular shots man ... but I like watching you guys go at it ;)

Now that my cuts have scabbed over, here are some other "awful" process attempts.

482084_4211893092769_465590517_n.jpg

523848_4211892612757_1958422598_n.jpg

Ok, lets start again with a clean slate. Would you like help to create a good HDR image? Im glad you called these some other "awful" process attempts because you're right. I dont remember seeing any of your other 120 posts so dont know if you can do an HDR or not. If you want the look you have here, then they arent HDR and should be posted elsewhere. If you would like help just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back