nissin di866 external flash

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by hollisterguyo7, Feb 3, 2010.

1. hollisterguyo7

hollisterguyo7 TPF Noob!

well this is my first external flash for my rebel xti an first flash ever! i had my heart set on getting the canon 430 but the guy i spoke with at my local photography store said are you sure i recommend the 430...lol i said yeah i been looking at it forever hes like well we do have this nissin di866 i said never herd of it he said it came out around thanksgiving i said well the 430 cost 330.00 how much does this one cost hes like 300.00 i said well why is it cheaper he said bc it doesnt say canon on it! he said it has the same power as the 580 canon flash but for a lot less an is just as good he said it just doesnt say canon i said well your more familar with it then i am so thats the one i ended up getting! going to a lighting class saturday to learn some lighting stuff so ill be looking to post some pictures up here soon!

2. PhotoXopher

PhotoXopher TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow, that is the longest sentence I have ever read.

Curious what you think of it, I was JUST looking into these today (for Nikon).

3. hollisterguyo7

hollisterguyo7 TPF Noob!

lol.. its awesome so far! i been playing around with it all day. im going to a photography lighting class this saturday so hopefully ill learn more about it.

4. PhotoXopher

PhotoXopher TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good to hear, placed my order this morning.

5. hollisterguyo7

hollisterguyo7 TPF Noob!

awesome tommoro is the first day i really get to play with it! ive got to figure out some rechargeable batteries bc this thing went through 4 double AAs in like 20 pictures....

6. FrankLamont

FrankLamont TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It works perfectly; I use one myself as a slave. However, as a master it also works perfectly and works right with other Canon flashes.

Albeit the fact that in October last year, when it first came out, I was conned into purchasing it for a higher price than the 430EX (I was looking for another slave and they don't sell much of other brands over here). I wanted a more powerful slave, didn't want to buy another 580, got this... go for it.

7. PhotoXopher

PhotoXopher TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Got mine today, I'm impressed so far.