NIVLEK presents: 3 random shots.

NIVLEKphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a 3 random shots I recently took. I'm New to this addiction. I will highly appreciate comments, suggestions & criticism. Thanks.

Camera: Canon Rebel XT
any suggestions on upgrading to a different lens?

Picture077.jpg

l_886513b5630ebf25fc5f07f907d7e6c9.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Before can suggest lens upgrades, it would be helpful to know what lens(es) you have now, and what your budget is. With respect to the images you've posted:

1. Good exposure and colour balance; however there's no real subject. The clouds on their own aren't really enough to carry an image IMO.

2. Nicely done, but I would prefer to see less of a crop on the RH side and top, such that all of the flame was in the image.

3. Nice action shot, and good B&W conversion, however when photographing people and animals, always try and get them coming toward you rather than going away from you.

All in all, a good first effort. Looking forward to more.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Before can suggest lens upgrades, it would be helpful to know what lens(es) you have now, and what your budget is. With respect to the images you've posted:

1. Good exposure and colour balance; however there's no real subject. The clouds on their own aren't really enough to carry an image IMO.

2. Nicely done, but I would prefer to see less of a crop on the RH side and top, such that all of the flame was in the image.

3. Nice action shot, and good B&W conversion, however when photographing people and animals, always try and get them coming toward you rather than going away from you.

All in all, a good first effort. Looking forward to more.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.
I will take your suggestions in consideration next time. Thanks again. :thumbup:

I have the stock lens that the rebel XT came with. I'm looking to spend no more than 250 on a different lens.

I really like #2. Very cool picture. Also nice job on #3 catching the action. I like how it makes you wonder if he landed it (did he?).

Another lens question to ask is what type of lens do you want (based on what you want to shoot). Do you want a zoom for long distance, macro for extreme closeups, etc.

for the third i recommend a more neutral background. if you went around him and took the shot with a more solid background then it would have made him stand out more. right now his head kinda blends in with the trees

I love all your photos.Especially #3. I also go with what with tirediron said:

"3. Nice action shot, and good B&W conversion, however when photographing people and animals, always try and get them coming toward you rather than going away from you."

I really like #2. Very cool picture. Also nice job on #3 catching the action. I like how it makes you wonder if he landed it (did he?).

Another lens question to ask is what type of lens do you want (based on what you want to shoot). Do you want a zoom for long distance, macro for extreme closeups, etc.

Thanks a lot. I'm not sure if he landed this particular one because we took so many shots that day.

I'm definitely looking to get something for long distance, not sure if i want to go macro yet.

for the third i recommend a more neutral background. if you went around him and took the shot with a more solid background then it would have made him stand out more. right now his head kinda blends in with the trees

very true... thanks for you input.

I love all your photos.Especially #3. I also go with what with tirediron said:

"3. Nice action shot, and good B&W conversion, however when photographing people and animals, always try and get them coming toward you rather than going away from you."

Yeah, I will definitely take that in consideration next time. I'll keep you guys updated.

I like the logo on your pictures

Most reactions

Back