No Crows Here (8 pics)

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
But I did get some shots of a couple ravens. Ya, I know, how boring is that? To just sit and see how many different poses you can catch some big black birds in :roll:

Did you know they like corn nuts? Well, of course they do...they eat almost anything :er: I managed to get about 4 or 5 feet away, but I had the 17-85mm on, so this is the best I could do. Ravens are just a bigger version of the crow. And, they are all black, beak, feathers, feet, everything. They're dirty birds, but they're extremely intelligent!

43225873-L.jpg

43225854-L.jpg

43225855-L.jpg

43225857-L.jpg

43225860-L.jpg

43225861-L.jpg

43225865-L.jpg

43225871-L.jpg

Wow about the panning in the last!
I tried the same yesterday, but on film, so it is still to be seen whether I succeeded as well as you did! I had some crows "in focus" (I hope!), though.

For the birds to be all black, you managed to get out a lot of detail, as can be seen in the first four! Wow.
If I had to choose a favourite, I think it would be the first. I so like the composition of that one, with that particular background! And the light-spot in his eyes. The ruffled feathers in the second are also very nice, but his eyes are so dark...

Ah!
All great!
And of ravens!
Where's our very own forumraven, erm... aprilraven then?

I love the first three and they are certainly not boring. I would love to get some Raven shots, they have much better features for shooting. Where is Aprilraven on these. They should be up her alley. Very Edgar Allen Poe ish.

Thanks for the compliments! I got quite a few others like the first 3, just not as good compo wise.

Cool shots Woodsac. The first is my fave. Ya know , if you had of got one of these to sit on a gravestone..mess with the sky a bit....ya just never know. It could pass as a crow. ...I really dig number 4 too. Well done. !!!!!!

Mako, Jon & Chiller thanks.

Chiller, the next shot I got after #4 was him tossing the corn nut back into his throat. He picked up about 15 corn nuts and just kept them all in his mouth. It was pretty cool to watch. Capturing the corn nut in mid air was just luck ;)

43619433-L.jpg

do i just miss these and no thinks to tell me????????? hello?? am i not aprilraven??
thanks for the heads up chiller.... if you wouldnt have told me about this i would have missed it completely...

so dig them... and great shots too.... i have a few raven shots i got in wyoming..and they are just beautiful birds....why are they considered dirty?? cause they scavenge??

you know, one of the biggest scavengers is a bald eagle...or even hawks...
is there other things i dont know about the ravens???
woodsac, these are beautiful...great great shots..... thanks for the mention...you and lafoto are so sweet to even think of me......love the raven shots...

that last submission is awesome!

i need to remember corn and peanuts when i hit the parks ;)

Thanks aprilraven and JM. Ya, that's why they're considered dirty. It's not uncommon to have the same birds live near areas with open dumpsters for a long time. They love to throw the trash all over the ground and then go through it.

Around here, I could probably take a raven photo a day? Trees, tele-poles, cars, fences, they are everywhere!

aprilraven said:
hello?? am i not aprilraven??
......love the raven shots...

figured you'd notice your family ... :lol:

nice shots, woodsac! send aprilraven her copies to add to the family album!

hey, anicole...i THOUGHT that was you in the last one....you freak...

i need that shot to add to my collection i have of you at your best..!!!

:boogie: < ok..that guy doesnt fit, but i dig him...(aint he cute? looks like a guy you dated!!!!!!!!!) :mrgreen:

deep love my friend....deep love..mean it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back