NO EDITING

Since I participated with some playfull comments I should participate with imagery as well.

They are junk but they comply to the rules at hand

Straight out of my Kodak Easy Share C-743
100_4251.jpg

100_3322.jpg

100_3363.jpg

100_3794.jpg

100_3544.jpg

I don't like to touch my photos. thats why I bought digital so I can take tons of them and keep those that I like, maybe one day I'll start to get better at it :wink:

393044238_MBusf-L.jpg

393036036_RA4Jv-L.jpg

437034802_xbCcb-L.jpg

398545641_nxmwm-L.jpg

best place to put this shot - just playing round with the flash setup.
straight out of camera - as shot and default on raw processing and nothing else done:

IMG_0189.jpg

What's wrong with editing one's work? Editing work does not negate one's skill as a photographer.

Hi I'm Paul and new to this site and photography. Anyway HI.
So how many people edit there work before posting? I bet most.
So how about doing some photos without any editing afterword?
Like people, fast action, landscape and BW, or something you would like to do but without editing. Just you, the camera, and your skill as a photographer.
Just raw talent as you know how.
Let your skills do the talking.

Sorry buddy, but you just don't seem to understand how digital photography works. Most professionals who don't shoot film, shoot RAW. If your not familiar with RAW format, you HAVE to process your photos in some form of editing software, and by your description that would qualify as editing. Proper, effective post-processing takes as much skill as taking a great photo, and if done properly it should only be complementary to the picture, not supplementary. Being good at editing has nothing whatsoever to do with how good of a photographer you are.

OMG, this is easy if you shoot film.

Straight out of camera, why edit photos when you can just get it right the first time...ON FILM!

6842953432_67b1ebc341_b.jpg

Old thread is OLLLLLLD!

Also that better be instant film not that stuff you process in the darkroom!

Hi I'm Paul and new to this site and photography.
So how many people edit there work before posting? I bet most.
So how about doing some photos without any editing afterword?
Just you, the camera, and your skill as a photographer.
Just raw talent as you know how.
Let your skills do the talking.

I think with just useing your skills as a photographer you get more out of it. On top of that other people can learn from it more. With editing you can realy do anything with your work and its just not the same.
Anyone can turn a crap picture into something worth looking at.

Use yor skill not the computer

Is it my imagination or is it always people new to photography who think of themselves as purists and believe that only SOOC shows talent?
It's like my teenagers who knew everything - and wondered how I managed to stay alive, knowing as little as I did.

so there have been some amazing photos posted here, beautiful work you guys :)

I'm wondering, how do these photos turn out so great "straight out of the camera"?
I know its a combo of photographer/equipment,
but more of which?
the quality of your camera, the knowledge of the photographer?

is my entry level slr capable of these colors in the right hands? or are my photography skills poorly lacking (IF judging by these "straight out of the camera" standards) because I don't have a better camera?

camerateur said:
so there have been some amazing photos posted here, beautiful work you guys :)

I'm wondering, how do these photos turn out so great "straight out of the camera"?
I know its a combo of photographer/equipment,
but more of which?
the quality of your camera, the knowledge of the photographer?

is my entry level slr capable of these colors in the right hands? or are my photography skills poorly lacking (IF judging by these "straight out of the camera" standards) because I don't have a better camera?

I would say knowledge of the photographer. But you have to know the limits of your equipment as well. SOOC shots also differ depending on what file format - JPEG or RAW. JPEG's come out of the camera processed and ready for printing. You can choose in camera settings for them such as saturation, sharpness, Vibrance, etc. The color on a Jpeg will probably look different then the color on a RAW. Raw files are basically digital negatives so they need to be processed. You can't just open them and print them.

I've seen some amazing shots from an entry level camera and their kit lenses. As long as the photographer knows what they are doing.

there's no such thing as 'no edit'. Even straight out of a camera (I should say digital) the camera has done a conversion process and added color, contast, etc. The only difference between SOOC and deliberate editing is the Photographer who decides to edit, not leaving it to the whim of a computer inside his camera. Shooting RAW demands the photographer to do the editing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, those that tout SOOC just don't understand how to edit properly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back