no feathers this time

Holly said:
Wow these are great.... Question!

What were your settings to gethe background in such a blur? Usually when I do it the background is still noticable, but blury where yours here you cant even tell much of whats there...

HUGE Congrats to you as well!!

Thanks

thanks Holly.. most of these are shot at 1/500 sec @ F 8-11

To get the background ... just make sure the distance from the subject to the nearest BG is as long as possible. It's kinda hard to explain, but the closer anything is to the subject, the more in focus it will be.. I move around to create an angle that puts the right colours and tones as far away from the subject as possible.

I do this with birds all the time.

Hope this helps!

WOW, Raymond, is that ever awesome news about the show of your prints! But HOW are you ever gonna narrow down all those great bird shots?
The blossom pics are lovely, BTW.

congrats raymond! and very well deserved indeed :D :D :D :D :D :hugs: hope it goes well for you and do take some pics of the event to show us :)

beautiful series of shots you have here! i agree about the harsh shadows thing with wally...neverthless a very cool bunch :D

thanks for sharing these :)

Congrats Ray - well deserved recognition!

All of these blossoms shots are good but I really like the first, third, and the last two. Excellent work - as always!

Dave

Great series! I've always admired your DOF and how it works so well with your subjects. Thanks for giving us some hints on how to do that!

Thanks Raymond!! That is what I figured I should do too!! Will try that and see how it turns out :)

Holly said:
Thanks Raymond!! That is what I figured I should do too!! Will try that and see how it turns out :)

you are welcome Holly.. sometimes you need to get down and dirty ... I am lying on the rocks, in the snow, wading in frezzing water all the time.. but it's worth it, even when I need to strip down!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back