no, i will NOT take a photo with your camera!!!!!

photowoman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a petite, 30 year old woman who looks like she still belongs in high school...
... and I am having a problem with guests taking me seriously!
Recently, I was shooting a photo of the bride and her parents at the reception.
The mother walks over to me, tries to hand me her camera, and says "can you take one with mine?"
NO I WILL NOT TAKE ONE WITH YOURS!!!!!!!!!!
I am not some KID! I am the person your daughter HIRED to take her WEDDING PICTURES!!!
I was very graceful and courteous, telling her that the bride would have a copy of photo I took, and she was welcome to order her own.
AND SHE WAS MAD!!!!!!
SO:
1) how can i handle this in the future? better yet,
HOW CAN I STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING TO ME????

"No habla English?" And then take a picture with your camera...

While that would be creative, the woman heard me talking to the wedding party all day.... ;) i don't think that would fly... haha.. made me laugh, though. thanks.

ME NO HABLA INGLES BITCHES! TU HABLA ESPANOL O POLSKE? AQUI? HASTA LUEGO

Really though, just say your daughter hired me to take pictures of her with my high end camera and experience and I'd like to take as many pictures of her and make her as happy as possible.

How about this:

Sure, I'd be glad to! But I've haven't used a camera like this before... then cut off the top of her head just a bit.

BTW this has nothing to do with taking you seriously, it has to do with not wanting to buy another copy for herself.

good luck
jerry

Wear an ID badge around your neck that says PHOTOGRAPHER????

Wow! That's a new one on me. But I'm not sure it has much to do with what you look like. Not in this particular case anyway.

How about: "I'd be happy to when I'm finished with my work." and if she tries to hand you her camera, just add: "hold on to it please, it's going to be a while." with a smile of course.

Really though, just say your daughter hired me to take pictures of her with my high end camera and experience and I'd like to take as many pictures of her and make her as happy as possible.
I knew someone would correct me on my Spanish!

:lol: Well I am around a bunch of people who speak it and take classes so I guess I don't count ;) I'm not sure why I added asking if they speak polish too though

:lol: Well I am around a bunch of people who speak it and take classes so I guess I don't count ;)
You'd think I'd know how to speak it better since the Walmart near me seems like a different country... Anyway back to helping Photowoman!

How about this:

Sure, I'd be glad to! But I've haven't used a camera like this before... then cut off the top of her head just a bit.

BTW this has nothing to do with taking you seriously, it has to do with not wanting to buy another copy for herself.

good luck
jerry

:lol: This is what I would do. I'm keeping this in mind :greenpbl:

Wow! That's a new one on me. But I'm not sure it has much to do with what you look like. Not in this particular case anyway.

How about: "I'd be happy to when I'm finished with my work." and if she tries to hand you her camera, just add: "hold on to it please, it's going to be a while." with a smile of course.

I would go with what cloudwalker said, then just smile and walk away.

I don't get it? it will take you 2 seconds to take a picture... why not just do it? I mean, it's at the reception, so there's probably some time, and this is the MOTHER who usually helps pay for everything I mean, she's pretty important in the whole wedding thing, if at all possible I would suggest trying to stay on her good side even if that means using her camera and taking a picture.

It's important for them to understand that you're a professional, but they probably think, well, he/she's really good at taking pictures and that's why they want you to take them. I wouldn't take it as an insult, just take it as a compliment.

The mother walks over to me, tries to hand me her camera, and says "can you take one with mine?"

Answer:

I'd be delighted.

If it were some random guest that may be different - but the mother of either side, I'd try and keep them happy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back