No idea where to keep it but I've just bought this...

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
jpeg-14.jpg

jpeg-15.jpg

I'll take some of my own photos later, these are ones the guy e-mailed me. Woke up at 5am yesterday to go and look/buy and got home at 20:30.

And now?
Have you built the stable yet? What do you feed it with? Hay, or lots of oats? Tell me more. How does it behave? Has it accepted you as its new owner yet? And have you checked for the sex, so we need not say "it" all the time? Any ideas for a name?

;)

Congratulations! :D

NO wonder the guy was selling it. The factory put the steering wheel on the wrong side. :lmao:

The front and back look pretty good. Are the sides all crushed in? :)

Are you collecting cars?

So, what piece of new camera gear did you pass up to get this beauty?

Congrats

You can keep it in front of my house.....and let me like, drive it.....only me...:lmao:

And now?
Have you built the stable yet? What do you feed it with? Hay, or lots of oats? Tell me more. How does it behave? Has it accepted you as its new owner yet? And have you checked for the sex, so we need not say "it" all the time? Any ideas for a name?

;)

Congratulations! :D

I really don't get the horse reference! :biglaugh:

I feed it unleaded. :p And it behaves rather well. I took it to show some friends who have also seen the Herald. When I've asked them if they want a go it that they've said "yeah, next time" but when I asked each of them if they wanted a go in this one they simple said "yes", took the keys and walked quickly to the car! I had to show one of them what it's like with them in the passenger seat too. If you floor it in 2nd at just under 10mph you get a loud smooth rumble before you look back down to see you're doing 40mph. She (the passenger) rather liked that! :)

No sex or name. I don't feel that way with this car for some reason. It's odd how each car is different. The Herald begs to be thrashed on narrow roads and to do 80-90mph on the motorway. This 2000 makes you happy when you sit there doing 60mph, watching the world go by.

NO wonder the guy was selling it. The factory put the steering wheel on the wrong side. :lmao:

The front and back look pretty good. Are the sides all crushed in? :)

Are you collecting cars?

So, what piece of new camera gear did you pass up to get this beauty?

Congrats

The sides are fine but the photos I have are with a wide angle so make it look odd. :)

Not collecting cars. Not intentionally. I only have three Triumphs, that's not too many right? Combined age of those cars is currently 111.

Not passed up any camera gear. Although I did count the number of cameras I have and the number stands at 11.

I may have a hoarding problem... ;)

You can keep it in front of my house.....and let me like, drive it.....only me...:lmao:

You pay shipping. :p

What the hell is it? Honestly, as I don't know anything about them.. Triumphs that unfortunately make it here to America-only the little two-seater convertible (TR2, I think??), spend more time in the shop than on the road.. Same with Triumph motorcycles. Maybe that's just the exports, who knows, but Triumph never caught on in America. Maybe it has to do with mechanics here never having seen them and, therefore, not being able to maintain them properly.. Who knows.

There are a few eccentrics here that are avid groupies and have several of the little convertibles, generally one that runs and several others for parts, but I could go a year without ever seeing one. They're pretty rare.. That's why I asked what it is. It looks pretty neat.

That's a solid looking car. What's it got for an engine? What year is it?

Another weird thing is that there are no Opels here and I believe GM owns the company! That's very strange, as they were one of the most popular cars I saw in Switzerland.

Another weird thing is that there are no Opels here and I believe GM owns the company! That's very strange, as they were one of the most popular cars I saw in Switzerland.

My backdoor neighbor had an Opel wagon (25 years ago). About 4 years ago I was in Germany for work. I happened to have a day off so I took a ride to find some castles to take pics of. I happened to be driving an Opel. Whats funny is the route I took went right by the Opel factory. And even funnier was there was some kind of gathering / homecomming. The police in the road directed me in the factory parking lot. Wouldn't let me go straight. So I went in, went around a few turns and went out the exit. :lol:

In basic terms Opel is the German side of Vauxhall (pretty much seperate companies in many ways). So as they build European cars you'll not see them in America.

America was Triumphs biggest market and there are lots of tales of us not being able to get a car from them because they sent them all to you! You're also the reason why the TR7 wasn't designed as a convertible (the US looked like it was going to ban them) and for the horrible big bumpers on the ones in the late 70's and 80's.

My new one is a Mk1 2000. 90bhp straight six. Built 22/11/63 (day Kennedy was shot) and registered in 1964. It's the 764th to be built and one of the oldest five to exist.

jpeg-4.jpg

Nice! I had a 2500Pi and a 2500S a few years ago, I jumped ship and went MG about 12 years ago though.

I never would have guessed there was a stright 6 under that hood (bonnet :mrgreen: ).

Wow! That's clean for a '63.. Good find. Wanna share how much you got it for? I'd imagine it's worth a fortune.

It's funny that you say the all came to us, because they are VERY rare in America... I don't remember the last time I saw a Triumph. Maybe it's like Pugeot.. Pugeots used to be sell in America, but no longer, and I never see one. When I do it's decades old and wearing an Antique license plate because it belongs to a collector.

And the big stupid bumpers are one of the dumbest things that was mandated in America.. We lost out on some nice sports cars because brands like Ferrari refused to put bumpers on every model in order to cater to us..
Same with the third brake lights (hi-mount) being mandatory and the way the cops will pull you over for not wearing a seat belt and give you a ticket for not being safe, but they'll let you register a 150hp motorcycle and allow you to fly down the highway at 75 mph with only a helmet on your head, but that's legal because that must not be unsafe... We have some stupid laws. We're getting as bad as England with the nanny laws that regulate every single aspect of your life and the way you conduct yourself... [/rant]

Last edited:
I wish I could move to Europe. Seeing that car make me want to hit the motherland, where my clan is from (County Limerick....Ireland..duh) and find a house in a small town, near a lake. Live life the old way, and simple. My stress would be reduced by 90%.

Sweet car, Ferny. I'm really glad you got one. I may have to snag one at this dealer nearby who sells older imports from the UK.

Most reactions

Back