scubabear6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For I am now a US Navy Sailor
P9305850a.jpg

Cute picture.

A few things I see: the white looks a bit yellow (this is a crappy work monitor so someone else verify), the blacks have lost detail and there is a harsh shadow from the flash...

Cute picture.

A few things I see: the white looks a bit yellow (this is a crappy work monitor so someone else verify), the blacks have lost detail and there is a harsh shadow from the flash...
The white looks yellowish because it a cream color. The flash was harsh because This is a Navy Training base and you can only take pictures in one area, no time to set up lights and she was a grad a go so I only had about 2 hours with her before she shipped out.

Congrats!

My son shipped out today headed for Great Lakes.
Good luck to him and God Bless. Thank him for his service. What is his job going to be? My daughters going to be a Nuclear Electronics Technition. Her fiance is going to be a Nuclear Machineist Mate and has volunteered for Fast Attack Subs.

is this topic about photography or you just want to show you are going into the army?

now, you want our opinion on the US army or the picture?

As for the picture it is bad, I mean it might be good for your ''souvenir'' album or family, but from a photographer's point of view it is bad. First of all you used the pop up flash which gave you this ugly shadow around the person. It is dead centered with no interesting background with the most boring angle you could have used. Sorry, but I don't think your picture belongs here.

As for the army, well let's just say that killing people is wrong.

This picture is just a snap shot, not meant to be a studio portrait. It's just a proud dad showing off his daughter that joined THE NAVY,not the Army. And yes this picture does belong here because last time I checked this was a people photo forum. This is why it's not in the proffesional forum.
As for your opions on the military please keep them to the off topic forum. But 5 words you said are true "Sorry, but I don't think "
Thank You.
Formally Sgt. B Campbell,
10TH Special Forces Unit.
United States Army

This picture is just a snap shot, not meant to be a studio portrait. It's just a proud dad showing off his daughter that joined THE NAVY,not the Army. And yes this picture does belong here because last time I checked this was a people photo forum. This is why it's not in the proffesional forum.
As for your opions on the military please keep them to the off topic forum. But 5 words you said are true "Sorry, but I don't think "
Thank You.
Formally Sgt. B Campbell,
10TH Special Forces Unit.
United States Army

:thumbup:

Hey, I have no problem with you posting your pic of your beautiful daughter, or bragging about her :) But, if you said that it was just a snapshot, I wouldn't have given a critique and you wouldn't have had to get defensive.

This shot could have gone in the just for fun forum, or in here, with the qualification that its a snapshot, because it says on the forum:
"post for discusion and feedback including general critique."

Just because I did that doesn't mean that I am anti-troops :)

Great to see someone serving :) I'm in the Royal Norwegian Airforce and I'm going down south to Meymaneh in March. Good luck to your girl. Beautiful daughter you got.

Hey, I have no problem with you posting your pic of your beautiful daughter, or bragging about her :) But, if you said that it was just a snapshot, I wouldn't have given a critique and you wouldn't have had to get defensive.

This shot could have gone in the just for fun forum, or in here, with the qualification that its a snapshot, because it says on the forum:

Lyncca Sorry if you took my reply to you as defensive, it wasn't meant to be. I just wanted to out line my conditions. And no where in there did you say anything against our troops.

Lyncca,

I think that he was not reacting to your post, but rather to this utterly inappropriate and out of line post from Tranceplant:

is this topic about photography or you just want to show you are going into the army?

now, you want our opinion on the US army or the picture?

As for the picture it is bad, I mean it might be good for your ''souvenir'' album or family, but from a photographer's point of view it is bad. First of all you used the pop up flash which gave you this ugly shadow around the person. It is dead centered with no interesting background with the most boring angle you could have used. Sorry, but I don't think your picture belongs here.

As for the army, well let's just say that killing people is wrong.

The forum rules clearly state that politics are NOT allowed. Dumping your political bias on a proud dad's moment is a crap thing to do.

As for the pic, given the limitations on lighting, it's a wonderful snapshot and as a dad Scubabear6 has every right to be proud of her and the pic.

Thank your daughter and her fianacé for me, Scubabear6!

Army and Navy is pretty much the same. All criminals!

I guess you think your freedom was secured by criminals.

A proud dad pic is not political.

you are a moron.

please note that I never said anything political. I just said ''killing'' people is wrong. I did not talk about any political party or policies. You guys just assumed.

good job guys!

How come the Navy and Airforce get all the cute girls....

But congrats, I can tell you are proud. Whether or not it's a good photo, it's still a very special moment in the life of a service member, and one that will always be remembered.

Currently SPC Kegan Hurley
Combat Medic US Army, Fort Knox, KY

(I am not a criminal)

Most reactions

Back