No longer a recruit

please note that I never said anything political. I just said ''killing'' people is wrong. I did not talk about any political party or policies. You guys just assumed.

good job guys!
Your comments in this thread are out of line. Your editorializing was negative, inflammatory and completely uncalled for. This type of image, "snapshot" quality or not, falls into casual portraiture or, to stretch, photojournalism - and neither genre is overtly trying to make political statements. You are the one who assumed a lot here. :thumbdown:

scubabear6 - You daughter looks proud and dignified in her uniform. No doubt she worked very hard to earn the right to wear it. Best of luck to her in her new assignment!

Good luck to him and God Bless. Thank him for his service. What is his job going to be? My daughters going to be a Nuclear Electronics Technition. Her fiance is going to be a Nuclear Machineist Mate and has volunteered for Fast Attack Subs.

He is going into the IT field. He considered the Nuclear field, the sign-on bounus for the Nuclear field was very tempting for him. He has been at Great Lakes for a week now. How long before they can write home?

Be sure to thank your daughter for her service and ignore the disrespect in this thread.

I think it was about 2 weeks. 1st week is whst they call p week (processing) They are only allowed to write on sundays (though alot write in there bunks at night) My daughter was going IT before nukes herself. Good luck to him I'm always proud of the young men and women who serve.

please note that I never said anything political. I just said ''killing'' people is wrong. I did not talk about any political party or policies. You guys just assumed.

good job guys!

Sorry. Your anti-military, pacifistic stance is absolutely political.

Further, crapping on a proud dad's thread and implicitly stating that his daughter is a criminal is absolutely inflammatory.

Nice try at rationalizing. A better approach might have been to simply apologize for crossing a line that is clearly delineated in the FAQ and then leave it alone.

How come the Navy and Airforce get all the cute girls....

But congrats, I can tell you are proud. Whether or not it's a good photo, it's still a very special moment in the life of a service member, and one that will always be remembered.

Currently SPC Kegan Hurley
Combat Medic US Army, Fort Knox, KY

(I am not a criminal)

Thank you for your service.
As for why the Navy and Airforce get more women I think is the working envirorment (no/little field duty)
I didn't want to be with me after a couple weeks in the field :lol:

Yeah, it is, but you didn't hear anyone in here running off at the mouth about it like you did. I'm 100% pro-military, but that doesn't make me aggressive. In fact I'm a rather laid back fellow.

And Scuba, I deal with soldiers that spend 3 months in the field without showers or laundry. A few weeks is nothing, lol....

Yeah, it is, but you didn't hear anyone in here running off at the mouth about it like you did. I'm 100% pro-military, but that doesn't make me aggressive. In fact I'm a rather laid back fellow.

pro-military is indeed aggressive(you may be laid back as you call it in your ordinary life, but your stand on pro-military is very aggressive). And yes posting a picture of a military/navy is indeed the equivalent of opening your big month and saying you are pro-military and aggressive. And I simply said that killing people is wrong. Just think about it.

I actually don't mind his military stand or whatever, the guy can support what ever he wants and take pictures of what ever he wants, but I think this picture should stay in the family album and not on an international forum because it will in fact create a(good or bad) political discussion. It is inevitable.

And Scuba, I deal with soldiers that spend 3 months in the field without showers or laundry. A few weeks is nothing, lol....
Yea I know what you mean used to spend about the same in the field :lol:
As for being laid back most of were.

pro-military is indeed aggressive(you may be laid back as you call it in your ordinary life, but your stand on pro-military is very aggressive). And yes posting a picture of a military/navy is indeed the equivalent of opening your big month and saying you are pro-military and aggressive. And I simply said that killing people is wrong. Just think about it.

I actually don't mind his military stand or whatever, the guy can support what ever he wants and take pictures of what ever he wants, but I think this picture should stay in the family album and not on an international forum because it will in fact create a(good or bad) political discussion. It is inevitable.

I'm sorry you feel that way, as for opening my big mouth all I did was post a picture of my daughter. You seem to be the one mouthing off. If you don't like the subject move on or complain on the off topic forum or to the moderator to decide if it wrong.

and having a pro-military and aggressive stance is not political?

Showing off an accomplishment that your daughter made in the form of a photograph to commemorate that occasion is not political in the least.

Other people congratulating the proud dad is in no way political.

Crapping on the proud dad's thread with your political views is absolutely political.

Trying to justify your bad behaviour by first claiming that you didn't say anything political and then trying to deflect and claim that the original post is political is just really bad form and is pretty much pathetic.

Scuba, I can only imagine how proud of her you must be. I'm sorry that someone had to try to denigrate you and your family. She's a beautiful young woman who's accomplished something big and will continue to excel as she moves forward. You've every right to be proud!

Oh me, I take a shower every day and wash my uniforms all the time.

You're sense of smells just degrades over time. I can't even tell you how pizza smells anymore, I haven't actually been able to smell it in a long time, lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back