No Love

Diaboleque, as you can tell by my post count, I'm not precisely "silent" here on the forums, and anyone who cares to pay some attention knows that I comment on photos a lot.

However, even a "LaFoto" has a life of her own, as has each and every other member here on the forums, and life may well "play tricks" on you sometimes, and you just do not go into "links only". I, for one, know that an original post with a link to a whole collection of pics (which could be between 3 and 45 or more, little do I know) is one that I will open ... and close again. I just cannot spend all my time stepping "into the dark", venturing onto people's sites and maybe sit here waiting for my computer to load and load and load.

I don't even KNOW how many photos you have here. And if I would have to wait for long to see them all.

It's only a link. Unwise choice, so take my advice and post the photos you mean to show for comments and critique right into your thread.

This is a very general advice, by the way, and goes to everyone: if you want a reaction, show us the photo.

Diaboleque, as you can tell by my post count, I'm not precisely "silent" here on the forums, and anyone who cares to pay some attention knows that I comment on photos a lot.

However, even a "LaFoto" has a life of her own, as has each and every other member here on the forums, and life may well "play tricks" on you sometimes, and you just do not go into "links only". I, for one, know that an original post with a link to a whole collection of pics (which could be between 3 and 45 or more, little do I know) is one that I will open ... and close again. I just cannot spend all my time stepping "into the dark", venturing onto people's sites and maybe sit here waiting for my computer to load and load and load.

I don't even KNOW how many photos you have here. And if I would have to wait for long to see them all.

It's only a link. Unwise choice, so take my advice and post the photos you mean to show for comments and critique right into your thread.

This is a very general advice, by the way, and goes to everyone: if you want a reaction, show us the photo.

She did all that you suggest in her other thread on TPF. This thread was just a complaint that her other thread was getting no replies, regardless of her posting the photos in the actual thread.

Oh. So sorry then.
Nevertheless, it seems like I "had a life" for a couple of days of late and could not go on my "0-replies-spree" that I often go on in the morning, deliberately walking through all our galleries, way back into Page 3 or 4 or 5, picking out each and every 0-replies threads I can find to give them a boost.

Sorry for having had a life ... won't happen again.

and LA, you've never bumped MY 0 reply threads.?.?

(OP, notice the "s" at the end of thread..)

Oh. So sorry then.
Nevertheless, it seems like I "had a life" for a couple of days of late and could not go on my "0-replies-spree" that I often go on in the morning, deliberately walking through all our galleries, way back into Page 3 or 4 or 5, picking out each and every 0-replies threads I can find to give them a boost.

Sorry for having had a life ... won't happen again.

We'll let it slide this time, since you seem to have learned your lesson. :p

Thanks LaFoto for looking... I should probably have put more of an explanation before the link... the link was to another thread on TPF, I just thought it would be better than posting the same pics in two different places... I was hoping any comments would have been left on the original thread but it didn't work out that way.

Seriously, that is just in-experience talking. If you take your time to get quality pictures then you won't have 2 out of 50 shots that are good. You may only have 10 or 12 shots, but they will all be better shots if you take your time and don't just snap away like you are suggesting.

Out of all my shots, the best one's I've taken have been when I slow down and pay attention to what I'm shooting rather than just clicking away.

I may not have expressed myself clearly, what I was trying to get across was as being new to photography it is best to not try and shoot like you pros do, but better to start with taking lots of shots in all kinds of lighting and settings and blah blah blah...to get to know your equipment, your interest, and your artistic veiw. If you try to hard as a beginner to get the award winning photo and it doesn't happen then the likely hood of disapointment driving you to quit is more likely. It's supposed to be fun so don't be so serious and go have fun, the good ones will come with time and practice.

I may not have expressed myself clearly, what I was trying to get across was as being new to photography it is best to not try and shoot like you pros do, but better to start with taking lots of shots in all kinds of lighting and settings and blah blah blah...to get to know your equipment, your interest, and your artistic veiw. If you try to hard as a beginner to get the award winning photo and it doesn't happen then the likely hood of disapointment driving you to quit is more likely. It's supposed to be fun so don't be so serious and go have fun, the good ones will come with time and practice.

I tend to agree with Nate - if you just shot and shoot and shoot and not pay attention to the settings, or if you just stick to automatic, then you're letting the camera do all the work and it won't "click" (no pun intended - honest) for you. IMO it takes forever to learn that way...but I guess everyone has their own way of doing things.

I tend to agree with Nate - if you just shot and shoot and shoot and not pay attention to the settings, or if you just stick to automatic, then you're letting the camera do all the work and it won't "click" (no pun intended - honest) for you. IMO it takes forever to learn that way...but I guess everyone has their own way of doing things.

I never said to do that. I said to practice. Which to me means go out and shoot, log the settings and conditions for later reference.
I just wanted to say is to the original poster...Don't let a few negative reactions get you down, just keep shooting and have fun with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back