Didereaux

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...at least if I can avoid it.

I just made 3 orders on separate days from Amazon. ALL three orders were NOT shipped for 8 or more days. All were Amazon fulfilled orders. This is the norm now with Amazon since the labor /pay dispute with their warehouse personnel. . Add the shipping time on and you are over 2 weeks before delivery. My response is to search out other sources. eBAy has become a reliable source for on-line stores, and the prices are equal to or lower than offered on Amazon. those are FACTS! Why would you pay for a Prime membership with Amazon just to get what is considered decent shipping speeds?

Amazon *****d me on my Christmas order as well...pretty peeved actually...showed up wayyyy after Xmas...I am an Amazon Prime member as well...

I've had 20+ orders In the last 3 months, shipped from Amazon in a timely manor. Usually 2 days. I watch to see if the seller on Amazon has delayed shipping, and rarely chose them. I give Amazon 5 star for shipping, and customer service. Just my experience. Ed

I'd say ordering most things around big holidays is always going to throw up problems even from the big companies. If easter isn't enough trouble in the last week or two then if they also have pay disputes with factory workers that means even more chances that things are not running as normal.

Whilst I'd certainly likely look elsewhere for shopping during the dispute it would hopefully be only a short term problem.

*is in the UK - never had ap roblem with amazon*

The problem with Amazon is that they are just like eBay now. They allow third party sellers to sell under the Amazon name so although you're buying something through Amazon's site, it doesn't mean it's coming from Amazon. Just as with eBay you need to click on the sellers name, and research their feedback, and other policies before you commit to the purchase.

My favorite is when they don't include items I'm the package.

using tapatalk.

The problem with Amazon is that they are just like eBay now. They allow third party sellers to sell under the Amazon name so although you're buying something through Amazon's site, it doesn't mean it's coming from Amazon. Just as with eBay you need to click on the sellers name, and research their feedback, and other policies before you commit to the purchase.

Well to be fair Ebay was all about that from the start. Far as I recall there was never an "ebay" store; just independents selling.

Amazon has introduced it and I think for the better; you've still got Amazon support to help if you get a problem and checking if its Amazon; fullfilled by Amazon or an independent is quick and simple and most are pretty honest.

It is NOT 3rd party shipping, nor holiday shipping slowness I am referring to: It is Amazon fulfilled shipping CURRENTLY!

Aye like I said with a factory dispute chances are their system is not working as it should currently. Considering that you pay for Amazon Prime you might be able to contact support and, due to the situation; argue for a refund or such.

However its a fine line - on the one hand a company should deliver what it promises - on the other when the company is under industrial action or other problems sometimes its better to let them sort things out rather than drive a knife in. It really depends on the situation - though I'd wager Amazon big enough to not worry about a refund/bonus for disruption caused to customers during this time.

Amazon prime is fully fulfilled by Amazon. I've never had a problem with them, and if anything, things came early. I've also had same day shipping on some of the things that I buy, and they are rolling out with more here in Atlanta soon. I guess that I've just been fortunate.

I'm a prime member and have had an issue two times. Once was two day shipping (came after 3days) issue and when I contacted customer service they credited money (5$)to my next purchase. The other time was a third party seller. They sent out a gift package way late. I was livid, contacted customer service and nothing was done about it. Neither Amazon nor the third party seemed to care.

I should clarify something: I was/am using 'shipping' to cover from order date to delivery. Where Amazon has started lagging is in the time to PROCESS before sending it to the shippers. Of course, the result remains the same much longer times to getting your order to the front door.

I buy locally in real shops. Never had a problem with Amazon.

I try to avoid shopping online as much as possible, but I've never had an issue with Amazon. If there's a strike like you're saying, I can see why it would be taking FOREVER to get stuff.

This last week I got 3 Prime shipments from Amazon, all shipped promptly and arrived on time.

Most reactions

Back