No More Ball Playing

AckleyImproved

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

You know when your little friend just doesnt want to play ball anymore????

This is the image untouched...

Comment on
DOF
Colour
Lighting

I know what I think is the issues with the photo.... See if your conclusions match mine!

Canon 20D
Shutter 1/15
Aperture 3.5

IMG_2073.jpg

Ackley

I reckon the ball is in the wrong place! Just to the dog's right would have been perfect. Easier said than done when animals are involved though...

Colin

I like it, the dog looks sort of sad and in the background there is the out of focus ball. Tell's a good story. The only thing I think could be fixed is the top left corner is dark and slightly distracting.

I agree with darin's comments on your DOF and the distractions. I would also add that a fill flash metered to match the light coming from behind would give your lighting better balance as well as bring out the color a bit more.

Dave_D said:
I agree with darin's comments on your DOF and the distractions. I would also add that a fill flash metered to match the light coming from behind would give your lighting better balance as well as bring out the color a bit more.

i second that. really like the composition of it though.

Excellent!!! I am laughing out loud! I love how the dog is not seeing the ball.

I think I would have cropped the top of the frame. The colour seems heavy on the yellow side.

Thanks all for your input.

This is what I would change to make it better.

Fill flash, cropped the top of image, increased the depth of field a small amount, used a better contrasted background(floor) to emphasize my two view points (dog and ball)

I would like to try this shot again but the chances of getting her to sit there....SLIM!

Thanks
AI

Most reactions

New Topics

Back