no new posts?

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this is probably a Vista thing or something, but ever since I bought a new laptop, I get this message when I click on New Posts (which gave me a nice overview of everything I missed):

Sorry, there are no new threads to view.

You may search for threads updated during the previous 24 hours, here.

What do I do to get a normal list of New Posts?

thanks!

pascal

I've gotten that a few times too (also using Vista, but I don't think that has anything to do with it).

I think it's a forum thing. Another forum I go to (non-photography) displays that every time you click the new posts button if there hasn't actually been a new post.

have you got cookies for this site enabled?
its not a vista thing, though it might be a preset setting - I am on vista and it shows me all the new posts

(also go into your user account- where you set your password - and go to the last option on the list - User account control - and Turn It Off! Saves on that annoying program that always asks you if you do really want to run a program since any virus trying to run and sneak in will just call itself something like "windows update service" or some such and you will still click yes - might as well get rid of the headache - only thing that will result is that each time you turn the computer on a little system tray notice will tell you that User account control is turned off - which can be ignored :))

Ha, it just gave me the 'old' New Posts list. So it's not Vista no. Cookies or something maybe?

@Overread: I missed your post...thanks, I will try that.

pascal

Most reactions

Back