captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
and why?
no-parking2.jpg

no-parking1.jpg

Firstly, what do you think? secondly, could i have done something else to enhance it in anyway?

I initially took the pic as i liked the contrast of colours on the paint and i loved the old style of 'painted on' signage... I'm starting a project on Bradford, West Yorkshire, where i work and i want to show there still is colour and a positive 'sense of being' to it as well as a well established history...

IMO #2 less backward tilled and why are they dated July 2, 2004. Did I miss June all together?

The second - it's even more direct and the things that attracted your attention jump out more.

Jeff Canes said:
IMO #2 less backward tilled and why are they dated July 2, 2004. Did I miss June all together?

LOL because i am a tool and i can't tell which month we're in :D :D :roll:

Do you think the shadow from the pillar on the far right hand side of the photo detracts or adds to the image?

I like it. Not the first as much, but deffinately the second. I think I would like it a lot more if there weren't the shadow and the rest on the right and there wasn't a strip of tan post underneath the black of the sign.

I would probably like it even more if the black sign were in the lower middle quadrant and I could see more of the textured (wood? stone?) on the right filling up the right third of the picture as long as there was something.

But I do love the peeling red paint and the black sign. Those are the interesting parts of the picture. I think everything else in the picture should be putting more attention on them and not distracting from them in any way.

Daniel

Most reactions

Back