NO PARKING!

anubis404

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At least not in front of a fire hydrant.

(C&C appreciated).

firehydrant.jpg

An interesting composition. I would suggest a slight brightening of the whole image, and perhaps a crop to remove the light stanadard on the RH side which seems to me a little distracting. As well, the image as a whole is skewed slightly.

It's ok, but it could be better. I'm assuming you live in suburban somewhere...judging by the setting in the photo, and by your name, I'm guessing you're sorta new to photography. Either way, I've lived in Suburban USA before and been interested in photography, when most everything around me was incredibly static. Instead of going out to take pictures, go out for a walk and bring your camera along with you. Photograph what you love or don't love most. look at it differently and photograph it from that angle. Always go for something different. :)

+1 +1

Also -

I think it could be better if either the whole base could be seen,
or cropped.

It could also benefit by straightening the vertical lines.

Like Ben's saying: the photos is cropped too tightly (or composed too tightly, if you prefer that expression and feel that to say "cropped" can only mean "cut smaller with scissors" later). The idea to make the hydrant your subject, to kneel down and get onto its height, to put it into focus and blur out the rest, is all good!
But the frame as such is too tight as is.

i liek the colours in this shot but i feel its missing something cant figure out what tho

^ A dog. LOL

I like it, but the light pole through the Lexus, and the indistinct top of the hydrant bug me a little. Try it from a lower height to differentiate the top of the hydrant from the tree better.

RD

Most reactions

Back