No Photo's

Rob Powell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am pretty new to this forum and I was expecting to see more photographs submitted by members. But when I look at the Photo section of members profiles the majority seem to have No Photos.

Am I being a bit dense here or missing a trick?
Guidance please.

I don't use the albums in this forum. I just browse through the forums, (top left) to the subject matter I want to see, or just click on the 'active topics' button to see if someone replied to any of my posts. The alerts top right is also useful for this...

Some people just prefer not to post photos in the forum galleries. Most will have a link or something the points to their Flickr or other online galleries though.

I make prints for my own walls at home. While I'm interested in many aspects of photography -- from pinhole to digital -- my final prints are rarely made with others in mind.

Thanks for the replies. It seem that Flicker is the most popular and I guess you only need to administer one account then.

In the past the galleries on the forum itself was a perk that only subscribing (paid) members could get access too. It's open access now so anyone can use it.

However many also like to have their photos on a single "site" and photo-sharing websites like 500pix, flickr, photobucket are popular to use for that feature. Some also use sites like smug-mug which double as a shop-front as well for them.

If you want to see photos though go down to the galleries in the forum sections - we've lots of photos down there :)

Most reactions

Back