No Place Like Home!

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
where do you go to shoot these pictures you post?

I absolutely love this picture..everything about it. Even the horizon is perfect looking through the window, which is where most make the mistake.

Im trying to make crit on this but i cant. i love it.

Maybe try it in black and white to really show the oldness of all the wood and everything?

where do you go to shoot these pictures you post?

I absolutely love this picture..everything about it. Even the horizon is perfect looking through the window, which is where most make the mistake.

Im trying to make crit on this but i cant. i love it.

Maybe try it in black and white to really show the oldness of all the wood and everything?

Abraxas strikes again with an amazing image! Wonderful, excellent, colorful, and very interesting. Is this an HDR?

NJ

Thank you Keith and NJ. I don't mind not getting the critique, however, I enjoy the comments for sure, and sharing.

This is a 7-exposure HDR made with photomatix. With this particular shot I tried something a bit different attempting to emulate some of the work I've seen produced my HDR-heroes. There's a few things I like and a few I don't care for. I hope I can retain the good stuff to incorporate in my junk.

99% of my shots are from the Mojave Desert, and maybe a third of those are within 50 miles of where I live. I love it here.

Wow this is really awesome looking. I love how you can see more scenery out the window. Great photo.

The HDR definitely makes this image pop! Fascinating image!

99% of my shots are from the Mojave Desert, and maybe a third of those are within 50 miles of where I live. I love it here.

I'm working on a theory. You're either the luckiest person in the desert to find all your wonderful subjects, the most patient photographer for waiting to have all the elements come together at the right time or have the largest horseshoe stuck in your @$$.

On second thought, I think I'll go with perserverance and talent instead. That and an appreciation for good music.

I think it's great but I almost would want to see an attempt with a telephoto going through these 2 windows and the 3rd of the secondary building just to see how it would turn out... just a thought I had.

Briliant. I'm not really a fan of HDR but this is an awesome piece of art that reminds me of a Salvador Dali painting. I don't think I've seen a better work of art in a very long time.

If I had to be critical it doesn't look like a photo to me, I find that with a lot of HDRs, hence my not being a fan of them. May be I need to get with the times. Hopefully I've put that well, it sounds insulting but it isn't meant to, I really do love the image, shapes, textures, colours, compositon, lighting. The pictures has so much depth it's almost 3D amd invites you to step right into the shot, rather than just looking at it.

amazing work!!

Awesome- Thanks Raymond!

Wow this is really awesome looking. I love how you can see more scenery out the window. Great photo.

Thank you. Osmosis really works I guess.

The HDR definitely makes this image pop! Fascinating image!

Thanks. I was attracted to the shadows and light in the scene.

I'm working on a theory. You're either the luckiest person in the desert to find all your wonderful subjects, the most patient photographer for waiting to have all the elements come together at the right time or have the largest horseshoe stuck in your @$$.

On second thought, I think I'll go with perserverance and talent instead. That and an appreciation for good music.

Sometimes I think if I hangout someplace long enough, something -not stupid- will happen. And I never remember to bring a cd.

I think it's great but I almost would want to see an attempt with a telephoto going through these 2 windows and the 3rd of the secondary building just to see how it would turn out... just a thought I had.

Sounds interesting. Might try it, I'm thinking about going by there again next week. Never did make it to my original destination.

Great pic - You're very lucky being so close to the the desert to get such great subjects for your shots:)

Yes. In the last 4 years I've only left twice and had to be pretty much dragged out.

Briliant. I'm not really a fan of HDR but this is an awesome piece of art that reminds me of a Salvador Dali painting. I don't think I've seen a better work of art in a very long time.

If I had to be critical it doesn't look like a photo to me, I find that with a lot of HDRs, hence my not being a fan of them. May be I need to get with the times. Hopefully I've put that well, it sounds insulting but it isn't meant to, I really do love the image, shapes, textures, colours, compositon, lighting. The pictures has so much depth it's almost 3D amd invites you to step right into the shot, rather than just looking at it.

Thank you!

My shots are about 50/50 single exposure RAW and HDR. I wanted to try something different with this. Glad it's seemed to work out.

Thanks again everyone!

I like this very much, the subject matter then the contrast between the effect in the foreground and background grabbed my attention first, then the composition. A good example of HDR done well and suiting the subject perfectly.

You sir, are an inspiration to beginner photographers like myself.

Thats an amazing shot!

Thanks for sharing!

I agree ^^^ amazing shot !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back