NO SCHOOL!!!!!!!

Wow a snow day. That's such a novelty for me. It's snowing occassionally here in Toulouse, which is pretty weird. It usually doesn't snow that much here. But apparently it's the worst winter in France for 15 years!

Where I lived in Australia we used to have days where all the kids could go home because it was too hot!
But then they started to put air-conditioning in all the schools so I dunno if that still applies.

Have fun in the snow!

we've got snow but it's not settling.. It's just freezing cold, I've had to drag my ass out of my warm bed and come to university as well :(

Meysha said:
Wow a snow day. That's such a novelty for me. It's snowing occassionally here in Toulouse, which is pretty weird. It usually doesn't snow that much here. But apparently it's the worst winter in France for 15 years!

Where I lived in Australia we used to have days where all the kids could go home because it was too hot!
But then they started to put air-conditioning in all the schools so I dunno if that still applies.

Have fun in the snow!

I'm in South East QLD, and we don't get aircon here, because the government claims its not hot enough (and yeah - it gets to 40 degrees here)... Some schools have resorted to fundraising to get aircon....

However, -the thing is - one of the members of the government has said that parents have no right to keep their children home because of the heat - and the only reason why a child should be kept home is if they are physically sick...

stupid politicians (not that i care - i've finished school)... But parents complained their kids were coming home sick - and the government doesn't care...

I WANT SNOW!

They let the kids onto the field today. 80 7-8 year olds, lots of snow and just me to control them. :shock: :mrgreen:
They let the rest out later on and a few more people turned up to watch them.

Lots of "sir, thingy threw a snowball at me and it hurt". So I just told them to throw one back at them and make sure they didn't say it was me who told them to do it. :mrgreen:
The kids have got to sit for the rest of the day in wet clothes so I'm not sure if it'll happen again. If they are let out tomorrow I'll take some water proof gloves and have a massive snowball fight! 400 kids Vs me. *gulp*

:cheer: for snowdays! I had two this term at college and they were wonderful.

Good luck with those kids, Ferny :mrgreen:

Snow days are usually associated with major trauma here in the south. The kids love them, but the adults have to be the ones worrying about whether or not to risk a drive in to the office! :lol:

Definitely no snow days here in South East TX!! We may get flooded occasionaly though. Today its gonna be thunderstorms all day long though, would be nice to sleep in, but I've gotta get smart and make some money. Blah for class and work!

Zach :D

fadingaway1986 said:
I'm in South East QLD, and we don't get aircon here, because the government claims its not hot enough (and yeah - it gets to 40 degrees here)... Some schools have resorted to fundraising to get aircon....

However, -the thing is - one of the members of the government has said that parents have no right to keep their children home because of the heat - and the only reason why a child should be kept home is if they are physically sick...

stupid politicians (not that i care - i've finished school)... But parents complained their kids were coming home sick - and the government doesn't care...

I WANT SNOW!

How cool another queenslander! But I'm a real northerner, I'm from Cairns. I think the deal in Cairns with air-conditioning is the schools have to raise a certain amount of money depending on the number of classrooms and then the government pays the rest. And I know about the heat in Brissy, and further inland it's shocking, so I feel for you!

And that's crazy about the pollies saying kids should be kept in school when it's that hot! I'm actually teaching English in France and I can't imagine my classroom filled with hotty, sweaty, smelly kids! It's hard enough to get them to concentrate in the first place.

I've actually noticed that students here in france are a lot more well behaved than students in Cairns. And I don't think it's just a culture thing (but education is over-the-top intense in france), I think the heat sends the kids a bit crazy.

Where in South east qld are you from?

We have Cyclone Days. But admitedly they whole mass destruction, repairs, no running water, no electricity and flooding isn't really as much fun as Snow Days. But hey, at least we'd get a day off school. (to clean up the back yard!)

Unimaxium said:
Nice... here in Philadelphia we got out an hour early from school today (even though it's barely sticking to the ground), and everybody's hoping for the day off tomorrow. So wish me luck ;)

I'm about a half hour outside of philly and we had off today and it didnt start snowing here until about 1:30 or 2 :mrgreen: ...i hope we have off tomorrow too :mrgreen:

p.s. i hear we're going to have a big storm on monday too :drool:

Most reactions

Back