no title

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Raymond J Barlow, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I can't think of a name for this pic, any help?

[​IMG]

also, any help on the cropping?

2. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I can't think of a name really...but that wound on that girls knee is horrible...yet the other girl is crying :confused: Pretty cool pic, guess you could call it "wounded" but that really isn't very clever

3. Raymond J Barlow

Photos OK to edit
    Its a hard pic to look at, but both those girls where so happy to pose for me after they saw I was taking photos of them. Any suggestions on the cropping?

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can't think of a title or caption...but I do get the feeling that a strong title would make this a social commentary worthy of National Geographic.

The crop works well with the girls as the subject, as the background is trimmed out to avoid distraction. However, seeing more of their surroundings might add to the impact that this photo has.

5. walter23

walter23 TPF Noob!

"Boo-boo"

or

"I want to work in a sweatshop when I grow up next month"

6. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Are they sisters? Seems very simple, but "Sisters" would be nice. Sort of a global perspective of family. Looking at this image it makes me think of my two sons, they are always together. Of maybe "Comfort" as it looks like the younger one has her hand on the older's arm, as if comforting her.

7. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Heavy image. More important than a title or crop; what are you trying to say here? I mean things are tough all over. I am not sure what made you take this photo. Do you know these children? Does this location have a special place in your heart? Tell us the details.

8. Canoncan

Canoncan TPF Noob!

I like the photo it really tells a whole story to me not just a caption, Good shot.

9. triggerhappy

triggerhappy TPF Noob!

You don't need a caption. Let this one speak for itself

(if not, then I like alison's suggestion)

10. Raymond J Barlow

Photos OK to edit
    thanks everyone., I guess its a hard pic to look at., harder to create a caption. I took several pics of these so called "street kids" in Zamboanga city, Philippines. They are simply abandons children, with no social services to assist them. left on the street to survive or die.

I love to capture "real life" images of people and wildlife. I am inspired by what I see here in TPF, everyone seems to have such talent, and interesting perspectives.

I spent a lot of time in this city over the last year and a half, and being from Canada, it floors me to see such horror. I bring these images to you for 2 reasons, 1: to inspire your appreciation for the life and happiness that you should have., and 2: to increase the awareness of living conditions in other parts of the world.

there is so much money in this city., business people there are incredibly rich. the government is equally corrupt. I love the people here, but there acceptance of this situation is pathetic.

I am on my way back to the Philippines for 2 months., I will be doing a lot of traveling through out the country, and I will try to post a few more shots as I go along. I leave Fed 17th.

Since I joined TPF 1 week ago, I am a changed photographer. I have learned so much, and my eyes see a different light. I hope to bring the level of quality and content up a few notches, and really look forward enjoying many more discussions here!!

thanks to all!

11. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

Holey mackerel. That's a great shot mate. For a pic, it tell about a million word. Well done.

12. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Your travels will be fascinating and we can not wait to see the results. Getting to know the people and there culture will be a life long task.