• Poll closed .

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok. i really want to lock the no word association thread. i mean we have these gorgeous threads with beautiful young tpf lasses and strappin' young tpf lads, and then this bloody thread keeps rearing its ugly head by folks who want to increase their post counts.

Anyone agree that we should lock this thread?

Yes, I said it before, I'll say it again! The spammers must pay! I still think they should have their post counts manually reduced by their total posts in there... but I'm just evil and rotten that way. :mrgreen:

tis true, i can delete the thread, it might automatically reduce the post count (it would in the old forum anyway :D)

i posted a few words in that thread, until it hit 100 pages...maybe it should die on it's on volition, unless it's taking up bandwith or whatever. i would be a fan of locking some other threads... ;)

treehuggerhikerboy said:
i posted a few words in that thread, until it hit 100 pages...maybe it should die on it's on volition, unless it's taking up bandwith or whatever. i would be a fan of locking some other threads... ;)

Aaaand which threads would you be talking about, mister?

WHAT!!! How will I beef up my post count now!!!! BOOOO!!!! BOOOO!!!! BOOOO!!!!!! I SAY!!!!!!!!!

IMO it's been a fun thread. It's amazing what can be said by someone using just one word at a time. I will miss you NO WORD ASSOCIATION thread... :cry: ...it was my favorite thread.

Although I don't post there much anymore I agree with Mygrain. I don't see any harm in it. As for increasing post counts...the same is done here in the off topic anyway. Nothing here is related to photography.

I personally think way too much attention is given to post counts anyway. What's the difference if you have 2 posts or 10,000? It's the quality of what you have to say that matters. This forum is for photography and people who have similar interests to hang out, learn some new things and meet new people. We congratulate people for "milestones" and I think that's fun...but some members here belong to only this forum so their post count will be higher...others belong to several forums and spread around their online time. I don't see what the big deal is? :scratch:

I personally think way too much attention is given to post counts anyway. What's the difference if you have 2 posts or 10,000?
I get you. I used to be a member of a forum where post counts where all that mattered. People would just talk pointless crap because it meant they had 200 more posts by the next morning. Then they would brag that they were a better forum member because they had more posts than other users (I think I left with 10k in the end). The place also had a horrible cliquey atmosphere where you didn't fit in unless you had enough posts.
I don't think people have that attitude here. I worry sometimes that it may happen here (even though I've started a few congrats threads myself). Milestones are fun, but I'd rather people said thank you to me for contributing now and then on the quiet rather than when I reach x amount.

That's not me having digs or whinging. Just saying what was on my mind when I saw this thread.

AlisonS said:
I don't see any harm in it.
What she said!

I'm least bothered about the post count now. For me it is just agame.And I used to love the "sessions" with Hertz. But democracy rules;if the majority wants it dead, let it be!

Cheers! :)

ferny said:
Milestones are fun, but I'd rather people said thank you to me for contributing now and then on the quiet rather than when I reach x amount.

I think that's one great thing about having the user reputation feature on the new board. It gives people recognition when they deserve it. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back