No zoo this time Canoncan!!

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Raymond J Barlow, May 6, 2005.

1. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Inspired by Canoncan, JonMikal and all the great nature photographers in here.. these are a few I took along side the second hole at a golf course near Hamilton, Ont. I spent about 1 1/2 hrs getting acquainted with these tiny fellows, with moderate success. I was able to get about 8 feet from them at times, but I sincerely wish I had a tripod with me., I guess my nerves are not as good as they used to be, so I will invest in some equipment soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also caught a shot of a racoon in a tree near bye here, sleeping deeply!! But its not worth of this forum.

Some day, I will find an Owl in the wild like Canoncan does, and life will be complete!! ;)

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Congrats on your bird-in-the-wild photos, Raymond! They are good! What more equipment do you need?
    And the weed and the fungus on the tree - both did hold reasonable still while you photographed THOSE, didn't they? ;););)

Anyhow, while you already are on a good path following Canoncan et alii, I still haven't even found the path........ :roll:

3. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Good shots, the last picture is my favourite. I really like the way you framed him. The picture looks well balanced with the bird looking into the dead space.

4. Canoncan

Canoncan TPF Noob!

The tree swallows are gorgeous. Well framed and very crisp. Handheld to boot. Great job. I would be pleased with them.

5. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks so much.. I do know I was quivering, . its just nerves, lot of stress these days!, LaFoto, I just need a good tripod, and maybe a Teleconverter for my 70-300 nikon lens.

I guess I was able to keep the shutter speed high enough to keep the images sharp.

I wish to catch some cardinals some day.. i will need to get creative and set up a blind I think.. thanks again

6. spartan

spartan TPF Noob!

cool shots!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :hail: