NOISE NOISE NOISE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

The D50 has a CCD sensor. The noise on that image isn't bad for a D50 @ 1600 .... normally, most people I know with Sony CCD sensors, won't shoot at ISO 800 or up.

Coming out of the blocks, a CMOS sensor will deliver a better IQ at elevated ISOs than a CCD. Only the most expensive Nikons have CMOS sensors ... all Canon cameras have CMOS sensors.

Gary

It does.. he had the camera set to ISO 1600. :)

Granted, thats not bad for 1600 on a D50, though. I am sure that the picture was reduced. Before trying to fix noise issues, it is important to work on the full size file, not a lower quality web variant.

Odd. FxIF on this machine doesn't show ISO.

I would second the NoiseWare option that was presented.

I use a Sony Alpha a100 ... and all the reviews state that at 1600 ISO the image sucks due to noise (worse than most DSLR's).
Well, I took an indoor shot at 1600 ISO and threw it at NoiseWare ... and it corrected it well enough to look like a shot at 200 ISO.

I shoot a lot of film, so noise like this doesn't bother me.. it doesn't even look that bad to me.

His Exif (doesn't give ISO, though):

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D50
Image Date: 2009:01:25 03:36:26
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 34.0mm (35mm equivalent: 51mm)
Exposure Time: 0.125 s (1/8)
Aperture: f/4.5
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)

The 1/8 second is probably causing the blurring that's going on, but it doesn't look overly noisy to me at the size it's presented at here. I've seen much, much worse.

Odd. FxIF on this machine doesn't show ISO.

FxIF info doesn't have ISO on mine either. I'd be curious as to how you found that Jerry or is it that you have knowledge of the camera and know that on auto, on that camera, it is 1600? Just curious.

I use KUSO EXIF viewer and I think Jerry does also, and it shows the ISO

Attachments

• $KUSO.jpg
    $KUSO.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 31
Noproblem, I used noise ninja. I like the shot but wish the pick was a little better focused. I think it would have been real nice if the pick was completely in focus as it fades away.

Most reactions

Back