Non-submissions for Travel challenge

johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, we've had two months, rather than the customary one month to come up with ideas and images for the 'monthly' challenge, and I've fared no better than if we'd had just a fortnight.

Accepting that I won't come up with something out of this world, I've sent off my entry.

The following were ideas with which I worked, trying to come up with a decent submission.

The first of these was my chief 'runner-up' for submitting.

You don't want to know how I shot them, trust me.

2805046408_56c0e1ce74_b.jpg

2805045762_88e33cb76e.jpg

2804197041_87eaa4316a.jpg

And one posted previously in the self-portrait thread.

2703124378_a2f367aa61.jpg

All shot with my little 3mp Minolta.

You don't want to know how I shot them, trust me.

I do! I do!

Though I can imagine already, since I always see only just one arm in your shadow. And I seem to be detecting a "bump" that could be the camera being held by the "arm that is no longer there" in 3, or at least that's what I thought, but now I see that "bump" in every photo, only does it become larger and more prominent with each photo to go... Cool idea! You need a nice sun for that. Would have been impossible for me to take a photo of the kind all during our so-called "summer" here. No sun.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand not motorbike, nor the ability to ride one ... ;)

there are a lot of ways you can manipulate this type of shot, great idea; however, there are a few things that bother me in each one. Since you are trying to use the mirror, I think you should try to frame something in it as well as your shadow. Then in 2-4 I am not fond of the "just driving to work" feeling of your surroundings. in 1, you could argue that there is some unique story, but i get no feeling from the others.

Also, you are going to have to tell us how you took them.

Corinna is right on, all shot holding camera one handed, aiming it via dead reckoning, hoping that the 'dead' of dead reckoning didn't come true.

Those first ones were done, just to see if it was possible to survive, and actually get something.

The last one, I really had been trying to get something in the mirror as well. That was by far the trickiest and more dangerous.

I don't recommend this technique. I held it up and prayed. Prayed that one shot would work, prayed that I didn't crash, prayed that the cops wouldn't nail me for reckless driving (riding).

jvgig, you're absolutely correct, all were shot on the way to work. Probably the only time of year that this would have worked. Earlier than those days in July and now in August, the sun wouldn't have been in the correct position. And those very lacks you mention are why none of these were used for the Travel challenge.

Thanks for looking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back