Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...just trying something out really. Yes, no?

2248566344_6e53752ca1_o.jpg

Or just plain crap?

I like it.
The window checkers and the stripes of the chair make an interesting geometrical image. The lighting is nice and the color gives it a nice inviting mood.

Dani.

Personally, I think it is kind of bland...
Since the light was facing the camera, the blown out windows are sort of distracting, plus the overall subject isn't that interesting.

Hope I wasn't too brutal; just my honest opinion.

I assume it was supposed to be "bland" to begin with, what with the photographer arranging a still life with two objects only. A window. A chair.

I like it and get the feeling you went to school with Tony (tb2).

Only would I ... if I had made that arrangement ... have placed the chair a bit further over to the left (from our, the viewers', point of view).

I'm not sure I'd have used the adjective bland, but I'd happily live with minimalist. It's very much a 'found' shot rather than a set up, I didn't even bother dragging the tripod out, which would have at least made me pay more attention to the composition and not rely on IS. Moving the chair physically is probably not a good approach, as it never moves and the dents in the carpet would be very obvious.

In real life, the light is rather more interesting at that location than comes across here - HDR would probably get more out of it, particularly the glass bricks that make up the window.

BTW the way, I very much take the comparison to Tony's work a compliment, though I blush to think I might have been referencing his work even sub-consciously.

Most reactions

Back