Noob from Fl

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by rorschach, Oct 24, 2017.

1. rorschach

rorschach TPF Noob!

Hello all, I just wanted to drop in the intro threads as it is customary to do so when you join a new forum. I am in the Tampa Bay are and a little history of why I got interested in photography; I always like taking photos but never had money to buy a fancy camera. When I went on vaca to NYC (the most photographed place in the world) I bought a Nikon Coolpics L820. Better than a small point and shoot but not as good as a DSLR. Walking the city I wanted to take the best pictures I could. I posted a few to the socials and one of my friends who is in the advertising industries and worked for my best friend's ad agency whom we were visiting him and his office at the Rock, said I should moonlight as a photographer. I respected his opinion because I have seen the work he does and it made me feel good. So I decided to embrace my photo bug and always look for a shot no matter where I am. I take most of my photos with my iPhone 7 plus. I haven't mastered the aperture stuff. Thanks for listening to my rant and happy shooting.

2. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dean_Gretsch

Dean_Gretsch TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome! I still have a dusty Coolpix and took a lot of photos with it. Great P & S.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rorschach

rorschach TPF Noob!

Thanks!

5. rorschach

rorschach TPF Noob!

Tell you the truth it takes really good photos. It zooms pretty good. I could zoom in very well from Top of the Rock all the way to 1 WTC. I didn't have high expectations of the camera till I used it. Surprised me how good the pictures were.

• Agree Agree x 1