Noob here and some photos

Brienicole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi my name is Brie and I am new to at home digital photography.. I got a nikkon d40 for christmas and so far love it.. my background is media..Im a graphics designer by trade and was working part time at sears when i discoverd I love photography..hate the enviroment of that sort of photography! so im still in the habbit of 'commercial" photographing but im desperatly trying to break out of that! I want to be able to encorporate photography into my work! I know very little but more than the average joe! these are a few of my favorites from this week! please please critique.. if I need to move them to another board let me know! Im not affraid of insult! I want to improve!! so constructive critisism is welcomed! Thanks again.. and I cant wait to get to know all of you!
My son.. I see the oof..but still love the shot
CSC_0027.jpg

My brother on Christmas morning
CSC_0137.jpg

My mother.. love the city in the glasses..
DSC_0330.jpg

old bike at the vineyard.. so i obviously did it in a sepia tone to match!
CSC_0059.jpg

at lastly.. this one from my grandfathers vineyard yesterday! I was workin on my dof
DSC_0112.jpg

I know realize where this thread should have been.. mods.. please move to its correct location!

It is in the General Gallery ... which is where I think it belongs ... has someone moved it to here for you or do you think the General Gallery is not the right place?

It is!

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Brie, yes, it is kind of difficult for a beginner to find their way through all our forums but you'll soon understand how it works, I am sure.

Nice photos here, I most like the one of your mom, nice colours and yes, that reflection adds a whole second layer to the entire photo, well seen, AND the sepia toned photo of this old bike. Yes, the sepia toning makes this one a photo that could have been taken at ANY time between now and 100 years ago. Nice touch!

thank you.. and yes I hope this is in the right place! Im excited to get shooting!!! I know you all will have alot to teach me!

Dear Brienicole,

Welcome and congratulations on getting started. To get more cogent responses and comments, consider posting the images at a larger size and in smaller groups.
It isn't possible to say anything too insightful if the image is too small to make out detail and, if you post 4 or 5 at one group that are radically different, the viewers will be all over the place on their emphasis. When you have a single picture along with some statment on your part, the viewers' comments will often build on each other and you will profit from the viewer interaction.

That being said, welcome again.

Most reactions

Back