Noob here: Need help chosing between 2 cameras. Thanks.

DocFrankenstein said:
Oh... right :shock: :lol:

I'm sure voodoocat understands that I'm not serious. I'll stop.
Please excuse my misunderstanding. This debate drives some people (myself included) up the wall and I saw a lot of postings from you that fuels the fire that one is significantly better than the other. My apologies. I did not sense the sarcasm.

Ooohhh I have the Canon Elan 7ne, and personally I think it rocks!!! I like the eye control feature myself. But you can turn it off if you don't. It's pretty sweet in my opinion, and I think you'd really like it if you got it, but again that's just me. Let us know what you choose.

Chase your on CRACK J/K

yeah go the store and hold each cam. The one that feels the best, buy it. Either will work fine for you in every other way.

I was in the same boat not too long ago. Both are awesome cameras by themselves, and the Canon and Nikon systems as a whole are each very good. Take a look at the system perks (meaning lenses, flash systems, excessory prices, etc) if you're having trouble deciding between the cameras themsevles. And yes, definately hold the two, and seriously annoy the shop workers by playing with the buttons and options for a ridiculous amount of time. It's worth it.

Youngun said:
And yes, definately hold the two, and seriously annoy the shop workers by playing with the buttons and options for a ridiculous amount of time. It's worth it.
Oh please...

Take 3 grands... purchase the gear you want... play with it for 30 days. Then return it saying: "I wanna try a different system now :D"

No need to annoy the salespeople and maybe I get that refurb lens you played with :p

yeah that 3k return thing sounds wonderful. Totally into pissing off shop owners.

Anywho, went to the store played with them, annoyed the living bejesus out of the poor dude at B&H photo, changed lenses, put on flashes, did the whole 9 yards, then i put both down and said i may be back... hehe...

but all in all, i think ima go w/ the Canon, the Nikon imo felt a bit dinky and fragile, not to mention it looks like Nikon may be moving away from 35mm cameras while 35mm support for Canon seems to be alive and well (read a couple of articles, though they could very well be BS)

Anyways, thanks a bunch for the help, and sorry to irritate you guys w/ another stupid, should i get this cam or that cam question.

:)

Most reactions

Back