noob in need of direction

Ohm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

These were taken durring a sand storm, thats why the sky looks like that

Anyways I was kinda lookin for some tips for angles...alot of my pictures tend to look the same because of the angles......and if anything else needs to be corrected help would be appreciated...

i like the last one. but, would have been better to see more leaves on the left. would have made the composition better IMO

Anyways I was kinda lookin for some tips for angles...alot of my pictures tend to look the same because of the angles......and if anything else needs to be corrected help would be appreciated...

I think I know what you mean: these - they're not too bad by the way - all look like you took them without trying to surprise us. The object is there, you've got the camera in your hands and 'click'....
Maybe next time force yourself to take at least 10 pictures of the same subject, all with different angles. Stand on your toes, ly on your side, tilt the camera, get on your knees, climb a pole, get behind the subject, underneath it... You get the idea. It's good to get out of your 'comfort zone'.

Keep 'm coming!

pascal

All these photo are what many photogs call "snapshots" ... shooting from a standing position with little thought to composition and technique.

Two Basic Tips:

1) Rule of Thirds
Divide your viewfinder into thirds both vertically and horizontally. Try to place your center of interest where these lines intersect. Click Here

Rarely is it good composition to Center you subject or bisect the frame with a horizon line.

2) Next time you shoot something ... shoot up, shoot down, shoot left, shoot right, shoot tight, shoot wide ... shoot every which way you can except from your standing height.

There are many many additional techniques, rules, et cetera ... but this would be a good start.

Gary

errrr...people need to learn that its 1 photo, not a gallery as stated in the title of this forum, and yea, these are fairly snapshotty. if the sandstorm beach ones were composed a little better (harsher or more creative angles) they would be really cool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back