noob in need of direction

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Ohm, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Ohm

Ohm TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] These were taken durring a sand storm, thats why the sky looks like that
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Anyways I was kinda lookin for some tips for angles...alot of my pictures tend to look the same because of the angles......and if anything else needs to be corrected help would be appreciated...

2. JustAMom

JustAMom TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like the last one. but, would have been better to see more leaves on the left. would have made the composition better IMO

3. Puscas

Puscas TPF Noob!

I think I know what you mean: these - they're not too bad by the way - all look like you took them without trying to surprise us. The object is there, you've got the camera in your hands and 'click'....
    Maybe next time force yourself to take at least 10 pictures of the same subject, all with different angles. Stand on your toes, ly on your side, tilt the camera, get on your knees, climb a pole, get behind the subject, underneath it... You get the idea. It's good to get out of your 'comfort zone'.

Keep 'm coming!

pascal

4. Seefutlung

Seefutlung TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    All these photo are what many photogs call "snapshots" ... shooting from a standing position with little thought to composition and technique.

Two Basic Tips:

1) Rule of Thirds
    Divide your viewfinder into thirds both vertically and horizontally. Try to place your center of interest where these lines intersect. Click Here

Rarely is it good composition to Center you subject or bisect the frame with a horizon line.

2) Next time you shoot something ... shoot up, shoot down, shoot left, shoot right, shoot tight, shoot wide ... shoot every which way you can except from your standing height.

There are many many additional techniques, rules, et cetera ... but this would be a good start.

Gary

5. Funky

Funky TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    errrr...people need to learn that its 1 photo, not a gallery as stated in the title of this forum, and yea, these are fairly snapshotty. if the sandstorm beach ones were composed a little better (harsher or more creative angles) they would be really cool.